Chapter Two

"Found you," Mae said as she jumped from tree to tree. There were three energies, two close together and one further away. She found she was closer to the single energy rather than the duo.

She landed on the top of a tree and looked down to see a young woman with crimson hair. Mae noticed the red jewel on the girl's collar. She jumped down landing directly in front of her.

The last thing Niya had heard was Miyako's urgent voice before she was suddenly teleported to a strange land of a misty forest. She gasped and collapsed to her knees, nails digging into the freezing dirt. She scanned around, heart and breath racing. Before she knew it, a voice snapped at her.

"You! Start talking."

Niya flinched, the looked up at a woman with onyx hair and eyes. "Who am I? Who are you? Where am I?"

"Hell if I know," Mae shrugged. She was already annoyed and now this girl was asking all these questions. "I am Son Mae. You have a jewel on your neck. Wanna explain that?"

Niya seemed to have no choice but to cooperate with Mae. "My name is Niya, current Royal Family Guardian of this Red Jewel...," her voice faded. Was it safe to talk about the jewel? Past stories she heard mentioned others seeking the power of their jewel.

Niya stood, slowly reaching for her sword. "Why do you want to know about the jewel?"

"If you want to fight then bring it," Mae narrowed her eyes, making a ki blade. "I ask because I have one." With the other hand she pulled out the black jewel.

Niya's eyes widened, then began to back away. "If you have the Black Jewel... You can't be close to me! Go far away for your own safety!" Niya stressed.

"You don't get to tell me what to do!" Mae snapped. "I ain't some weak thing!" She roared, letting her energy surge to super saiyan.

"I'm trying to protect you!" Niya shouted.

"I don't need your protection," Mae glared her ki blades shifting into curved elbow blades. "Draw your little sword."

Niya obliged, pulling out her obsidian colored sword. Her hair began to glow and her eyes became iridescent. Her tail swayed patiently from side to side. "What is it with you saiyans refusing to take heed of my warnings?"

Mae smirked, "Don't underestimate me." She rushed forward bringing her hands down, slicing at Niya.

Niya held her ground, holding off the energy blades with her sword. The two clashed, reflecting zaps of crimson and onyx energy. Her Red Jewel began to flash on and off as if in warning.

"Not bad," Mae grinned as she jumped back. "Let's see if you can handle this." She brought her hands out in front of her. "Final Flash!"

Niya's eyes widened, "But that's...!" She quickly composed herself then thought back to Miyako's technique. She followed the same hand movements and created a glowing, crimson barrier around herself just in time to deflect the energy attack.

"I guess it's time to step things up," Mae said. Her aura turned a brilliant red. The power of a Super Saiyan God. "Let's see if your barrier can deflect this!" Mae began to charge more energy. "Ka-me-ha-me-ha!"

Red hair and aura? Niya was beyond confused as she sensed enormous energy from Mae. It was beyond her Phase 1 form. There was no way she could deflect Mae's kamehameha... Niya snapped at attention. That was Goku and Gohan's technique! How could Mae have known it? How was she a saiyan? What kind of saiyan was she?

But Niya had no more time to think as the blast quickly made its way towards her. "Lady Ayata," she whispered, a hand holding her Red jewel, "I call upon your strength."