Promise

(I put a song up, so you can play it now if you want to. :))

3rd P.O.V.

A 12 year old Nari was walking downtown, holding hands with her father. They were having father daughter bonding time as they ate ice cream under the night sky.

However, the universe had a twist to this happy night.

A little ways away, an old woman was getting mugged by a masked man, her cries for help only heard by Nari's father.

The man quickly turned to his daughter before sternly looking at her. "Stay here."

Her father quickly ran and tackled the mugger, the two of them rolling on the ground before a gunshot was heard, the mugger scrambling away, as Nari's father laid on the ground, groaning in pain as blood seeped through his shirt.

"DADDY!!" Young Nari quickly ran to her injured father, the old woman already calling 911.

"Nari. Listen to me. Do you know why I did what I did? I did it because you should always help people whenever you can. Promise me you'll help people, ok?"

Tears fell from Nari's brown eyes as she grabbed her fathers hand. "Yes, I promise."

The ambulance soon arrived, taking Nari's father away from her trembling hands as they drove to the hospital.

However, they didn't make it in time.

A few minutes after Mr. Kim was rolled into the emergency room, he died from massive blood loss.

When it was his funeral, Nari was crushed. And in that moment, Nari realized what her future will be.

Like she promised her father, Nari was going to help people as much as she can. She wanted to help people when they were in need.

So she quickly took psychology classes, learned about all the mental health issues, and became a counselor.

Up until now, Nari's had plenty of patients she's been able to cure, and it always made her happy.

But, there's only one patient to make her happy enough that she forgot about her past.

Park Jimin.