Chapter 21.

CHAPTER 21.

JUSTINE

Pagka-alis ko sa harap ni Joaquin ay agad kong tinawagan si Zerah na hindi muna ako makakapasok ngayon. Nagtanong naman siya sa'kin kung bakit pero hindi ko na siya sinagot pa.

Napatingin ako sa paligid nang naramdaman kong may para bang nasunod sa'kin ngayon pero wala naman akong nakita na kahit sino.

Nagpatuloy na ko sa paglalakad at pumunta muna ako sa pinakamalapit na park at nag pahangin do'n. Habang dinadamdam ko 'yung sariwang hangin ay may tumabi sa'kin sa bakanteng swing.

"Hi. Is there something wrong?" Tanong niya sa'kin pero umiling lang ako.

"Why are you crying?" Tanong niya ulit sa'kin pero katulad kanina ay hindi ko ulit siya pinansin.

"I'm just being your friend here." Sabi niya. Kaya naman napatingin ako sa kanya. Ngumiti siya sa'kin ng matamis kaya naman nginitian ko na rin siya pabalik.

"I don't want to see someone crying because that's too sad." Komento niya at mas lalo akong napangiti sa kaniya.

"Do you know the feeling that you love someone but you can't trust that person because of your ex?" Pago-open ko sa kanya.

"Dahil ang tanging gusto lang ng ex ko ay ang pagka babae ko at dahil do'n ay hindi ko na rin kayang pagkatiwalaan 'yung lalaki na alam kong mahal talaga ako." Pagpapatuloy ko pa.

"It's not love if you don't trust the person." Sabi naman niya sa'kin ng seryoso.

"Then, what should I do?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"You should trust him even if it's very hard for you." Sagot naman niya sa'kin. Napangiti na lang ako dahil alam kong tama siya.

"You should do that before you regret it." Dugtong niya pa.

"When did you feel that you already love him?" Tanong niya ulit.

"I don't know. Do you know the feeling that I didn't know him that much but your heart says that I've known him long enough?" Tanong ko sa kanya. He smiled at me.

"Maybe, you know him already but you just don't remember him." Sabi niya sa'kin. Then, he left me with questions without an answer.

"I have amnesia. Hindi ko pa naalala lahat ng mga alaala ko noon. May naalala na ko tungkol sa kaniya pero hindi pa lahat." Pagkwento ko.

"I see... If you remember some of your memories, and if you think that you can trust him, then trust him."

"Just like what they always say: 'The heart remembers what the mind forgets'." Komento niya pa napa-isip ako doon.

Sa bagay, may point siya sa sinabi niya ngayon at alam ko naman na mabait si Joaquin at hindi niya magagawa 'yon.

Then, as if on cue, nakita ko si MJ sa harapan ko. Kaya naman nagulat ako. Saan nanggaling 'to at hindi ko siya napansin agad?

'Did he just saw me talking to a stranger?' I asked myself.

He walks closer to me. Then, sapilitan niya kong itinayo at kinaladkad niya na ako papasok ng kotse niya.

JOAQUIN

While I'm looking for Justine, I saw her on the park while talking with someone on the swing and I saw Shaw with Leo hiding behind the big tree at the back.

I look closely on the guy that she's talking with when I realized that it's Alex. What's he doing here anyway?

And why is she talking to a stranger? I know that she knows him but, that's before and she doesn't remember him now or, does she already?

Before actually going to their place, I stop first and hide somewhere near to their place to eavesdrop to their conversation.

"It's not love if you don't trust the person." I heard Alex said to her. What are they talking about anyway?

"Then, what should I do?" I heard Justine asked him.

"You should trust him even if it's very hard for you." I heard Alex answers. I'm really curious about their topic though.

"You should do that before you regret it." Alex added at her.

"When did you feel that you already love him?" He asked.

"I don't know. Do you know the feeling that I didn't know him that much but your heart says that I've known him long enough?" I heard Justine asked and I smiled faintly.

'Because you already know me when we were kids and I know that you already know that...' I said at the back of my mind.

"Maybe, you know him already but you just don't remember him." Alex said. I guess, mas pinagulo ko lang ata ang isip niya ngayon.

I just wish that I should've let her leave a while ago so that she's not like this right now. I just wish that I forced her to go back so that, she won't hear anything about that.

"I have amnesia. Hindi ko pa naalala lahat ng mga alaala ko noon. May naalala na ko tungkol sa kaniya pero hindi pa lahat." Justine said.

I wish that she's going to tell me too about all of her thoughts. I'm going to listen and tell her what she needs to know.

"I see... If you remember some of your memories, and if you think that you can trust him, then trust him."

"Just like what they always say: 'The heart remembers what the mind forgets'." I smiled when I heard that.

I can't believe that Alex can say those words. I guess I need to show up now and take her home for her to rest now.

I showed up to her and held her hand then, pulls her to stand up then we went back to the campus to get my car.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

While I was driving towards our home, pinapakiramdaman ko siya because I can feel that she's nervous or something right now.

I think she's nervous because I caught her talking with my brother and she thought that I am mad.

To be honest, I am not mad at her just because of that. I know that they close with each other since we were still kids and I understand that. While I was driving, her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said. I lower the volume of the radio so that, she can hear person who called her.

"Zer, I'm not feeling well." She said again.

'So, she's talking to Zerah Chryz.' I said in the back of my mind.

"Okay. Thanks, Zer. Libre na lang kita bukas ng paborito mong cake bilang pang-bawi." She said then, she hung up. We're both quiet inside the car, until I spoke.

"Why are you with my brother?" I asked her. Then, I looked at her she looked shocked.

"Y-your b-brother?" She asked me. I just nodded at her.

"Sorry. I didn't know. I just... I needed a friend that will listen to my problems." She said. Based on her voice she's scared.

"Then, he came along. And he told to tell my problem to him. And I didn't know that he's your brother. Sorry." She said again.

I feel guilty. 'Cause of what happened a while ago.

"Babe, about what happened a while ago... it's not my intention to hurt you. But I really love you. Please trust me." I plead her.

"And, I'm not mad just because you talk to my brother. So, don't worry anymore, okay?" I added.

But she didn't answer. We just drove home quietly.

▶▶▶ END OF CHAPTER 21 ◀◀◀