Chapter Four: You're Nyx

Start from the beginning

I'm sorry kai, y/n-nie can't make it.

-

The darkness was cold. It was, well, dark.

You felt numb. your hands and feet are cold as they could be. you tried to open your eyes but it was glued shut by the calmness. You tried to move your body but no luck in doing that. You decide to try and feel where you are. 

Soft duvet touching your skin. A soft pillow under your head. The tightness around your forearms tells you that your straps are still attached to you. The was a pinching pain at your thigh, it was more like a bunch of ants was dumped inside your thigh. Your concentration of trying to feel your limbs was interrupted when your ears focused on another thing.

Voices.

There were different ranges of voices, all are which were deep. They were talking in hushed voices but in this quiet room, you can clearly hear them.

"I'm going to ask again for the fifth time, Taehyung. Why in the world didn't you two bone heads stopped the guards from jumping on her?" A sigh followed the question and a growl came from a different place.

"I told you again for the fifth time too, Hyung. The guards didn't listen to me. Hell, they even touched me," a very deep voice said with disgust and a bit of anger lacing his voice.

The voice sounded very similar to the man who stopped you at the side of the forest. Taehyung, huh. That would come in handy.

"Hyung, he's telling the truth. We tried to get to her but they already shot her down," a quieter voice said followed by a scoff.

"Jungkook almost killed all of them if it weren't for me." a deep grumble was what you heard next. You, on the other hand, were just enjoying the name drops.

"You should have just let him do it,"

"But that's our troops, you dumb fuck. He's royal blood, he's gonna kill three-fourths of them before he calms down." a sigh can be heard and movement was felt. They continued to argue but then a shush was what overcome.

"She moved,"

Your heart suddenly stopped when you felt the air suddenly become cold. Slow and cautious footsteps vibrated to your body. You willed your lungs to slow down and your body to stop twitching. Soft hands sparked through shoulder.

"Are you awake-" you flipped the covers off, grabbed the arm twisted, making the man to yelp. You wrapped one leg on his waist and used your other foot to trip and kick him down. You flicked one wrist and placed it on the man's neck. You huffed out a breath and gripped on his hair. You pulled it up tightly, making him groan out. The others were on the edge as they shout out to the man.

"Let me go," despite your leg aching and burning, you whispered menacingly. The man below you grunted in response. He grabbed your arm and twisted ever so lightly but with you on the edge, you flipped and kicked him. you flicked your other wrist and threw it to one of the bystanders and ran to the door. All you heard was a scream when someone grabbed your arm and pulled you towards him. You struggled in his arms when someone grabbed your arms. 

"Hey! Please calm down, we won't hurt you-" you kicked him in his stomach and flipped around and twisted so the one whose arms are around are now in your legs.  You tightened your hold on him and leaned back, making you two fall to the ground. You flicked once more and placed the dagger, the pointed end, dangerously close to his eye.