"Our baby is alive." I said to Luci. Here I am 33 years old and I'm acting like some sissy boy from New York. I'm a mountain man. I was in the Civil War. I killed men, I fucked whores and now I'm standing on my knees looking at my 18 year old wife baby she made with some one else, but I don't care. 

"I think this baby loves to play with my ribs." Luci said to me. I smiled at up at her. 

"You be nice to your mama you hear me baby. What are we going to call it?" I asked her. I've never been around babies that much as you can see. 

"Well I'm not sure. What do you think?" Luci asked me. I've never thought of that. I mean I'm going to raise the baby as long as I can keep Luci up on this mountain, but I didn't think of naming the babe.

"My mama's name was Lydia. What was your mama name Dear?" Luci asked me. I got up and looked around. 

"Her name was---" Luci cut me off. 

"Hey, I'm sorry. I know you still working on that subject about your ma. I'm sorry Dear." Luci said to me. I smiled at her. No one knows about my mama but Luci and myself. 

"It's okay Darlin. Mama's name was Mona. Born in Ireland. Then came to America at the age of 11, met my pa when she was 12, married him at 13 then I was born when she was 14." I told Luci. She looked up at me. 

"Well Mona and Lydia are looking down on us up in heaven watching us." Luci said to me. I smiled at her. This woman has so much faith it makes me believe in God more now then I've had did before I met Luci. 

"Well we still got time before we have to name the baby. It's only the end of May and this baby isn't due until sometime in September. We have enough time to pick out the best name." Luci said to me. I smiled at her. She's right. 

"Well I don't care what the baby is as long as it will know us and not look at us funny." I said too Luci. She just looked at me. 

"Get back to work Gilbert. I going to start my house cleaning." Darlin said to me. I smiled at her. 

"Yes Darlin. Love you. Need me just yell." I said to her. 

"Okay Dear. Don't get to hot. Keep drinking water. Love you." Luci said to me. We kissed one more time before Luci walked back towards the cabin. I watched as she walked inside the cabin. I looked down and saw Minnie standing next to me. I bent down on my knee so I can pet Minnie. 

"You know we got lucky. Luci is the best wife out there." I said to our dog. She barked at me and licked my face. 

"I love you too girl. I need to get back to work before mama see me just sitting here talking to you." I said to Minnie. She just barked again. I smiled at her. I stood up and took one more drink of cold water. After I get this pen done I'm done with all of the morning chores. I might see what I can do but for the most part I'm thinking about going down to the mill to cut more logs up. David and I are planning something big from all of these tress that we had to cut down. 

I went back to mending the fences. I will do anything that Luci will tell me. I just hope it's all for nothing. Like I said before I got big plans and I would like to get all of them done before winter sits in. To be honest with you I want all of this done around the time the baby is going to be born. A lot of work but I'm willing to do it all for Luci and with her love. 

It took me another good hour before Bessie's new pen was done. I walked over to the barn to let Bessie roam more outside. I was watching her walk around when Luci walked over to me. I smiled down at her. 

"What do you think old girl?" Luci asked Bessie the cow. Bessie looked at Luci and mooed at her. Luci and I both laughed. 

"Well I think that's her way of liking the pen." Luci said to me. I could just look at her forever. I smiled at her Bessie.