I'm Your Git

"Pssst.... Evans?"

"Hmm?" They were sitting a test in Slughorn's classroom in the dungeons, and Lily was bent over her parchment, her hair covering the answers from his view. Not that he was trying to see them at all, James had already finished filling in all his answers and pushed the test aside. Lily herself was only doing second checks, making sure everything was thoroughly responded to and every question properly answered.

James lay his head down on the desk, looking over at her, his glasses knocked askew by the desktop. "You know what tomorrow is, Evans?" he whispered.

"I'm taking a test, Potter."

"You're done with it and you know it."

"We're not supposed to be talking," her voice was barely a breath.

"Muffliato," he flicked his wrist beneath his desk.

Lily sighed, pushing her hair back over her shoulder, "Potter," she said, sitting up, "Why are you --" but before she could finish asking the question, he'd pushed a little card before her. On it, he'd drawn a heart, which he'd enchanted to beat, a pulsating throb, with little squiggly lines around the outside of it that writhed and wiggled with each beat of the heart. In the middle, he'd written EVANS + POTTER. 4EVER. She stared at the heart a moment, then picked up the card, as he grinned at her. She opened it up.

Happy Valentine's Day, my Love. VALENTINE'S MOVIE  TOMORROW NIGHT? Circle one: Yes / No. Kindly RSVP with a Kiss by noon. J.P.

Lily smirked, and closed the card, setting it back down on the table. She turned back to her test. She could feel him being anxious beside her, nudging closer along the bench they sat upon until their knees touched and he gently elbowed her.

"Evans," he said.

"Potter," she said.

James lay his head on her shoulder. "Evans..."

"Potter," she mimicked the whiny, pleading tone that he'd said her name in.

"Aren't you going to give me a kiss?" he asked, "To RSVP your position at the Valentine's Movie Night?"

Lily looked at him. He was giving her puppy dog eyes nearly as wet and convincing as any Sirius Black ever could do. She laughed and shook her head, "You're such a --" but she stopped midword, pressing her mouth to his instead of finishing the sentence.

"I knew you'd come," he declared, grinning.

"I should hope you knew - it isn't as though you have any other girlfriends queued up to go along, do you?"

"I might, you never know."

"Oh?" Lily's eyes were twinkling with amusement. "I s'pose it is a Tuesday, could've been Sirius Black."

"Shite - is it Tuesday?" James feigned at being shocked, "Best give me that back then... Reckon I can magic the word Evans to say Black?" He reached for her little card.

"Nope, too late," Lily snatched the card up, tucking it safely in her jumper pocket. "Sirius is going to have to deal with not having access to his harem today."

James smiled, "He'll get over it, I'm sure."

"Just push Remus in front of him and the pain will fade," Lily laughed.

James said, "Pushing Moony - that's quite rude."

"Well we won't actually push him, just a gentle nudge and that's it."

James nudged Lily, "Like this?"

"Yes," Lily replied, nudging him back.

"Just a gentle little..." and he nudged her again.