Gerard x Teen!Reader - Late Night Laundry

So I didn't base this one shot off of this, but it sounds a lot like it, so credit goes to LastThief in their "Gerard Way Imagines Book 1", and to the one-shot "Um..."

《|□---------□|》

I woke up late in the night to a piercing pain in my stomach. Thinking it was a stomach ache, I rolled over, attempting to just go back to sleep. Then, I felt something wet in my pants. "Uh..." I thought, a little scared to move. "Did I piss my pants?"

Slowly, I sat up. I clicked on the lamp next to my bed and angled the light so it shone on my bed. A hand covered my mouth as tears immediately filled my eyes. "What am I going to do?"

Sure, I knew what my period was, but I only had a father and had been dreading getting on my cycle since I found out what it was.

I looked at the splotch of red on my bed and began to make a plan. "I'll get the sheets off of the bed, then wait for dad to go to into his bedroom. I'll go into the laundry room and wash them at night so he doesn't find out."

I pulled the sheet off my bed, then the fitted sheet. I rolled them into a big pile and put them near my door. To my absolute happiness, nothing had gotten on to the mattress.

Adding to my plan, I changed my pants and underwear. The blood was still flowing though, and I realized that I needed to wear something else. I grabbed an old t-shirt and prayed for the best before preceding to shove it in my underwear.

Tears streamed down my face as I crept across the hallway to the laundry room. I silently put the sheets into the washing machine and added detergent and softener. I closed the lid and pressed the 'start' button. "Thank God we have a quiet washing machine."

I wiped my tears away and I snuck back to my room. I thought I was fine. Thought. "Y/n?" My dad called. I froze. "What are you doing up so late, darling?"

I stood there. I knew that I couldn't move or talk I tried.

He came down the hallway and turned me to face him as I willed the tears to please not fall. But they did. And before I knew it, my dad was holding me close as I sobbed into his chest. "Baby, what's wrong? Where are your bedsheets, and why is there a... large lump in your pants?"

"I-I-I," I stuttered, sobbing. "M-My... my p-p-p-"

"Shhh, baby. Calm down. Tell daddy, I promise I won't be mad."

"My period," I choked out. "I've ruined  my p-pants and sheets."

"Ahh," he said, pulling me closer as I continued to cry. "So that's where the sheets went. And if I'm correct, I'm guessing the mysterious lump is something to block the... flow," he laughed, holding me.

"Jesus, dad. Don't use t-that word-d," I began to laugh a little too.

"Does your stomach hurt or feel crampy?"

"Y-yeah," I answered, being reminded of the pain.

"I'll go get some ibuprofen, and you wait here. Oh, and because I'm such a fabulous father, I'm prepared," he winked at me.

"What was that supposed to mean?" I thought.

A few minutes later, he came back in, with water, ibuprofen, and a small package. He handed me the water and the pills, then began to unwrap the plastic on the mysterious package. "These," he began, "are pads. Do you know what they do and how to use them?"

I nodded, surprised he was ready for this. I expected him to have no clue what was going on.

"You can go put one on and maybe throw whatever is in your pants now away."

"Oh, It's just an old-"

"I don't want to know," my dad answered, laughing.

Comment

Vote

W.c: 671