Frank x Reader - Merry Christmas

"Just, please, if they say anything don't take it to heart. I know that you are supposed to love and respect your parents and all... but they're kinda jerks."

"I know," Frank said for about the millionth time. "I promise, I won't take anything to heart. I'll just be a stone-cold warrior." He grabbed my hand as I drove down the road to my parent's house for Christmas. I had begged Frank to just go to Gerard and Lindsay's home where they were throwing a Christmas party with the rest of My Chemical Romance, but he objected, claiming that it would be good bonding time.

My cold hands became shaky as I pulled into their driveway. "Y/n, baby, please calm down," he comforted. "How bad can it be?"

Oh, if he only knew.

I stepped out of the car into the bright snow covering the ground. Frank appeared at my side and took a hold of my hand. I took a deep breath as we approached the porch. I gently knocked on the door, my hand still shaking. A few seconds later, the door flew open to reveal both of my parents fuming. In the background, I saw my aunt and uncle, and a few of my cousins. They all had just about the same expression.

"What," my father snarled. I clutched onto Frank's hand.

"I... well, it's... uh, Christmas... and, um, I..." I trailed off, realizing my stuttering would get me nowhere. My uncle staggered to the door, obviously drunk. "Who da hell 's he?" he slurred, pointing an empty beer bottle at Frank.

"Remember, I... I t-told... I told you that I w-would be bringing... bringing Frank my boy-boyfriend."

Even though the odds of being liked were against him, he still smiled and reached out to shake my mother's hand. For a solid five seconds, my mother stared at his hand, then up at him, before saying, "Pull your hand back, you greasy punk."

"Mother!" I exclaimed. I could barely hold back my rage as I moved my body to slightly cover Frank's. "Don't speak to him that way!"

"Y-" Frank tried to say.

"For God's sake! I should be allowed to talk to a little no-good, crack-smoking, punk like him any way I want. What, did you let all of your ex-wives give you a tattoo after you signed the divorce papers?"

"Frank," I said, through gritted teeth. "Get in the car. Now."

"Y-"

"Frank, please," I ordered. With no other words, he turned around and opened the door of my parent's house, making his way over to the car.

"Don't you ever, ever talk to him like that ever again," I said, absolutely enraged. "He has done more for me than you ever have or will."

"Fine," my father stated. "If you don't like it, you can leave."

Silently, I turned around, flung open the door, and stalked outside, making sure to slam it after me. I observed Frank sitting worriedly in the driver's seat. As he saw approach, he went to get out of the car. But, I stopped him with a curt, "Get in the car and drive."

Eyes wide, he did just that, diving back into the driver's seat as I got into the car and buckled myself in. We drove for about twenty minutes in complete silence. The quiet was only broken when I realized where we were. "I am not doing this."

"Y/n," Frank said, turning to me. "I'm sorry if your family treats you like that. But, I think we both know that they are no family if they talk to you that way." Tears began to stream down my face as he continued. "Let us be your family." he finished, motioning to the Way household, where everyone was inside. I nodded, and let him take my arm to lead me into the house. We opened the door, and Ray was near the entrance.

"Wait!" he shouted over the loud music and talking. Who knew such a small group could make so much noise? "I thought Lindsay said you couldn't make it."

"Eh," Frank said before I could speak. "Guess we're just late." he smiled.

"Guys!" Ray yelled, silencing everyone. "Frank and Y/n are here!" loud noises of welcoming followed, as everyone rushed over to greet us. Tears filled my eyes as I remembered what Frank said in the car, "let us be your family".

"Wait, Y/n, are you good?" Mikey asked, noticing my crying. I nodded and hugged him tightly. Everyone was paying attention to me now, but I didn't mind. "I just," I let out a small sob as Frank hugged me from behind. "I love you all so much, and you're all so nice... you guys are like my family."

"Aww" I heard someone say from my side as everyone hugged me. "You're like family to us too!"

We all finished hugging, and Lindsay announced dinner was done. Everyone flooded into the dining room to eat, but Frank held me back a minute. He smiled. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," I replied, as he leaned in. He kissed me tenderly, gently caressing my cheek.

"If we're all a family now," Gerard announced loudly. "Isn't the two of you kissing become inces-"

"SHUT UP!" Frank and I yelled over him, laughing.

 Comment

Vote 

Keep Reading

W.c: 900 words