CHAPTER-2

Four days has passed. Four big and pathetically boring days.

The whole day i did nothing other than binge eating and sleeping. This went round and round. Forget about the house, i barely stepped out of my room! My body was totally done and retired from all the travelling followed by my mother's merciless "cleaning session". I think she has OCD. Well, she behaves like one though. We better consult her orelse the saga of her obssessed neat freak version will continue to rip off me and my poor dad into pieces.

The whole story of exhaustion is one thing, but what bothered me more was this unexplained feeling of weirdness. A strange feeling that was crawling its way into me head- a familar strange feeling. I don't know from where it originated but it was literally buzzing inside my head. May be because I miss my home back in London. May be because I miss my friends? I quickly took my cell phone and dialed my favourite crack head- Lisa. The busy party girl that she is, my call went unanswered. I frowned. Keeping the phone aside i plopped back on the bed and i stared at the ceiling devoided of any colours, suddenly finding it amusing.

After few minutes of pure silence, a small knock on my door was heared. My dad slowly opened it before peeking his head inside through the narrow crack.

"Am i allowed in?" he winked at me.

"Dad.. come on." I gave him a small smile as i waved my hand at him, signalling to get in.

He softly chuckled before walking inside. Sitting next to me at the edge of the bed, he said, "Jia, how are you feeling now? Still tired?"

"Umm. Better dad."

"That's good to hear. I mean i know how your mother is turning obssessive nowadays, giving us a hard time. I think she has got OCD. Don't you?" He said as he rubbed his index finger on his chin, scrunching his nose, as if in deep thought.

I chuckled, not just because of his serious attempts to make me laugh but also at how skillfully he captured the words in my mind. Watching me giggling he brought his palm to my head, messing my hair-something he is always fond of.

"Why don't you just go outside and suck in some fresh air and sunlight eha? Explore a bit. You always love doing stuffs like that, didn't you?" He started to cheer me up.

"Yes i do. But umm... may be tomorrow" I answered unenthusiastically, dropping my shoulders.

"Jia.." he let out a deep breath before continuing, "are you really sure that you are ok? I know you miss your friends and our home back in there. But a home is where we actually live with our family Jia. And now, this is our home." He patted my head gently, "and about friends..you can still make new ones in here too. But it won't happen if you spend the whole day inside the house like a creepy cave man! Will it? So just try to have some fun, will ya?"

As i listened to him keenly, i decided to keep my mouth shut, glancing down to my clasped hands to avoid any eye contact. I didn't know what to say. Both my mom and dad looked extremely happy after flying back to here, and i really have no intention to ruin it. But i can't help but feel weird.

"Jia? What is it? Is something else bothering you?" He asked with an unknown serious expression. My lack of response was making him feel more upset, i knew it. But the sudden transition in his tone and face makes me wonder that is it the only sole reason. Any how, I nodded my head, tight lipped.

"You sure?" He asked again to confirm. Isn't he being a bit more concerned? Or am i thinking too much?

"Waeyo?" This time I asked back confused.

"Just, nothing" he shook his head instantly, shooting a faint smile.

"Well.. Take your time, my princess. I know you'll adapt soon." Pecking my cheek softly, he stood up, turning to leave. But before he could, i quickly held his wrist.