Episode Seventeen

Začít od začátku

Justin chuckled quietly. "I've been told, but I'm not surprised. You could have any guy you want. Your boyfriend's a lucky dude."

Chills ran down my spine when he winked at me. Damn it! Why did he have to do that? Instead of thanking him for the compliment, I sighed loudly.

Justin chuckled again. He knew what he was doing to me. Asshole. Why was he messing with me like this?

Maybe there really was some type of bet going on, but the thought of Lucas having something to do with a shitty bet made me feel uneasy. I just couldn't imagine Lucas agreeing to hurt me like that.

But seriously, why were they all so interested in me? No one had ever given me this much attention. Not even Josh. These guys definitely weren't normal, and I wasn't stupid, I knew they were hiding something.

"We were never properly introduced," Justin sat forward, propping his elbows on the table.

Narrowing my brow, I squinted. "We met yesterday."

"No, we didn't. I'm Justin." He stuck out his hand, and I stiffened.

I didn't know if I wanted to touch him again, but was it wrong that I wanted see what would happen? Something more than Justin's good looks drew me to him, and those damn dimples were impossible to deny. I held out my hand. "Ember."

A sexy grin crossed his face as he took my hand. When our hands connected, hot tingles rushed through me as he sucked in a breath. His eyes seductively flared with golden light as his hand tightened around mine.

Okay... I hadn't felt much of a reaction this time, but I couldn't say the same thing about him. I didn't know how to respond as I tried to wiggle my hand free with a tight grin. "Could I... uh... have my hand back?"

"Yeah, sorry." He released my hand as he threw a quick glance at my hate club. "When you didn't show yesterday, I texted to see if you were okay."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know, but no offense, I don't know you. So, there was no way I was going to text back."

"I figured." Justin said, speaking just above a whisper. "I didn't have a chance to tell you earlier, but you sing like an angel. I bet your acting skills are badass."

I grinned, trying to calm my racing heart. "To tell you the truth, this morning I tried to drop drama and choir, but my mom put a stop to that. She says performing arts are imperative to my future."

Justin's eyes lit up in amusement as he released a low laugh. "So, you don't even want to be in here?"

"I mean... no, not really. I used to love the stage, but things happened, and I changed. I guess you could say I lost my passion." And why did I just say all that? I didn't even know this guy. I mean, yeah, he was fine as hell, but he didn't need to know my personal baggage.

Justin's golden gaze danced over my lips as he sent me a half-grin. "Maybe I can help."

"Help?" My eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"Yeah." He elbowed me softly. "You know, help you get your passion back."

Instantly repulsed, my lip curled. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I told you I have a boyfriend. God! You know what? You and your friends are really starting to piss me off."

Justin's eyes widened in shock as he shook his head. "That's not what I meant. I was offering to run lines with you."

"Yeah, right. I know exactly what you meant, asshole." Sick and tired of their bullshit, I refused to look at him as I scooted my chair a couple of inches away and began doodling in my notebook.