CHAPTER-1

"Hurry up Jia!!! We don't have all day" my mom yelled from the downstairs.

"Comingggg...!" i quickly zipped up the final bag remaining, which looked like it will burst out any moment. I rushed down the stairs by carrying my luggage, some how trying to maintain my body balance without tripping down, with all the burden on me.

My mom kept on yelling at me as always, "didn't i say you to be done with your packing atleast a day before? You keep everything for the last moment! For God's sake, when will you ever learn?"

"Sorry mom" i gave her a sheepish smile.

"Whatever, just get inside already" she said pointing at the cab.

I got inside. My dad and mom was busy in loading the cab with our luggages. Before starting the vehicle, i took one last glance at our house, where we have been living for 11years. All the good old days and memories flashed through my mind.

'Mm..i'm going to miss this place' i thought to myself.

My family moved to London when i was eight years old. It was a heart breaking situation for me as a kid because i never wanted to leave my home town, my own country. Neither did my mom. But she loved her husband too much to say no.

This sudden change in the country years before was mainly because of my dad's job purposes. He didn't want to leave us behind as he was very protective and more than that, he couldn't even think of living apart from us for such a long time. He loved us too much for that. My mom knew this, so she didn't want to upset him and went along with his decision without any complaints.

Anyhow, things went fine after the first week itself. I totally started to get adapted to the new country, to the new people, but still had a little bit to catch up with their culture. London was beautiful. The people in here are so enthusiastic and open minded. Life in here was peaceful. And still..here i'm, moving back to South Korea as my dad's job got shifted once again!!

I never thought this day will come, when i won't be able to leave this place. I never knew that it will effect me to this extreme. It's not that i don't like Korea. I love my country. I love my home town, where i have a collection of scattered memories of my childhood. But it kind of feels weird.

'It's ok Jia. You'll get used to it, just like 11years before. It's going to be all fine' i convinced myself.

Atleast i have Lisa with me. She is my best friend. We met from London and she is a Korean too. She applied in the same university in South Korea as i did and luckily we both got admission. Well, she'll land in Korea only after one month as the classes are not yet started, but my dad's job will. So we gotta move early.

I tried to keep myself optimistic by distracting my own mind from all the good and precious memories that i had in London and instead focused on nourishing my excitement on getting back to my home town, refreshing my old life, some old memories.

'11 years..i wonder what all have changed...?'

_____

Finally we arrived in South Korea. In the cab, all the way to my home town i tried to be optimistic as much as i can. How wouldn't i be, when i could see the shine in my parents's eyes? Looks like they really did miss this place.

My eyes started wandering through the window, capturing every single detail on my way. Lot of things have changed, atleast according to my faint memory. Before it was more 'green-green'. But now it looks like the buildings have replaced them all. Some are new. Some are still under construction. Some still old, but a little bit polished to match up with the modern society. This annoyed me.