Twenty seven

"All my friends are falling in love"

Riverdale-S2E14

"So which one of us is telling them we got a dog?" Logan asks as we stand in our driveway, trying to pluck up the courage to go inside and tell our parents

I look over at him, "It was your idea, you tell them."

Logan sighs, and makes his way inside the house. I slowly follow behind him, hoping that they might have calmed down by the time I get inside.

I slowly open the door, "Is it safe to come in?" I ask nobody in particular.

"It's fine!" Logan yells back.

With the puppy in tow I walk towards the living room where I see my mom looking like she's getting ready to strangle someone and my dad rubbing her shoulders soothingly.

I clear my throat, "So are we allowed to keep him?"

My mom sighs, "You can, but the two of you are responsible for him. You'll walk him and feed him and make sure he doesn't chew on anything that's not one of his toys."

Logan and I look at each other and smile, "Understood." We say in unison.

"So, have you guys figured out a name for him yet?" My dad asks

"We talked about it on the way home and decided to name him Happy." I say

"Why Happy?" He asks

"Well we were both feeling kind of gloomy today and seeing him all happy and excited made us happy as well and we just figured it kind of fit."

He nods his head, "Alright, well your mother and are going to go start dinner why don't you guys let him off the leash and let him explore the house, but follow him to make sure he doesn't get into anything he's not suppose to."

I nod my head and unhook the leash from Happys collar. He immediately runs around the place and starts to sniff everything he sees.

***

It was the next day and everybody is going to the movies to see the new movie Love, Simon. I had planned on going with Quinn but since we're not talking at the moment I decided to just stay home with Happy.

I was trying to teach Happy some tricks when I heard the door bell go off, which made Happy start to bark like crazy.

"I'm coming!" I yell over the barking.

I get to the door and see that it's Sweet pea. Deciding to let him in I open the door and try to keep Happy back at the same time. Sweet pea slips inside and I quickly shut the door.

I turn around and see Happy jumping up and down try to get Sweet pea to play with him.

"Since when do you have a dog?" He asks

"Since yesterday." I reply

He nods his head and bends down to pet Happy.

"What're you doing here?" I ask

He stands back up, "I thought we should talk."

"Sweet pea-"

"Just let me say something and then I'll go, please." he interrupts.

I nod my head, "Okay."

"My dad left when he found out my mom was pregnant, And it was hard on her. She could barely stand to look at me because I was a reminder of why he left her. In her mind it was my fault, So one day i came home from school and all her stuff was gone, it was like she vanished."

He pauses for a moment, and takes a deep breath. "After that day I had a hard time letting people in, I became angry at the world and everybody who lived in it, but After I joined the serpents it was like a part of me felt like I wasn't so alone anymore. I have no idea what would have happened to me if I they didn't take me in."

He looks at me for a moment, "I understand that you're upset about what we did but I knew when I joined the serpents that I would be asked to do things that would haunt me at night, and I'm okay with that, that's something i'll have to live withbut what I'm not okay with is that I'm about to lose someone I've grown to enjoy being around just because I was helping my family when they needed me."

We both started at each other, neither of us saying a word. It's hard to think of the right words to say to back to him.

"You don't have to say anything but just think about what I said." He says, walking away from me and out the door.

A/N

So idk how i feel about this chapter, I don't really like when I write long speeches and stuff for characters because I never know how to lay it out so it's not all clumped together, But I decided to squeeze in some back story though so, yay me.

I've been thinking a lot about this book and honestly I'm a little disappointed in myself, I feel like i could have portrayed Sweet peas character better. Like in season 2 he's this Hot head serpent who hates northsiders and yet here I am making him a big ass softie. But I'm also to lazy to go back and re write the whole thing so whatever, we can all just suck it up I suppose, and by we I mean mostly me.

On a happier note, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! GUESS WHICH BITCH IS 20 NOW! THIS ONE!

Hope you all liked the chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I don't own the gif of picture above.

This entire book is unedited btw so if you see any mistakes let me know and I'll fix them.