Twenty five

"Cause everybody, everybody knows something I don't" 

Riverdale-S2E12

I didn't expect to be sitting on the front porch drinking hot chocolate this early in the morning

I didn't expect to be sitting on the front porch drinking hot chocolate this early in the morning. Yet here I am, sitting beside my brother wondering why I didn't think to lock my bedroom door last night.

I take a sip of my hot chocolate, "So are you gonna explain why we're drinking hot chocolate on our porch at Six o'clock in the morning?"

"I woke up craving hot chocolate and wanted to sit outside but I didn't wanna do it alone." He replies

"So your solution was to drag me away from the comfort of my bed." I say

"Yeah, pretty much."

I shake my head and look back out at the lifeless street.

***

It's now Ten o'clock and Logan My dad and I are in the back yard playing badminton, well we're not actually playing we're just trying to see how long we can keep the little birdy thing in the air without dropping it.

"It sucks that mom had to work today." Logan says, hitting the birdy towards me.

I stretch my arm out and hit it towards my dad, "I'm kind of glad she's not here. The last time we played a game with her she went all momzilla on us and got super competitive." I say

"Your mother just likes to win that's all." Dad says

"We know" Logan and I say in unison.

We all turn our heads as a voice calls out. "Hey!"

Quinn and Sweet pea are walking into the back yard from the side of the house.

"What's going on?" She asks

"We were playing a game but I guess we're done now." Logan says

I notice my dad slowly walking backwards towards the house, trying to be sneaky but it's oviously not working. He gives me a smile and a thumbs up before slipping into the house.

Logan and Quinn seemed to have gravitated towards the deck so I guess that leaves Sweet pea and I with the nice hard ground to sit on.

I sit on the ground and start picking at the grass as Sweet pea sits beside me. "So what're you guys doing here?"

"We just got back from a Serpent meeting at the Wyrm and wanted to do something a little less stressful for a bit before heading back tonight."

I nod, "Is everything okay?" I ask

He sighs before answering, "People are blaming the serpents for the statues head being gone. It doesn't help when Tallboy starts whining and blaming Jughead like a little bitch. And on top of all that we might be getting evicted."

"Man, and to think the hardest part of my day was being dragged out of bed at six in the morning." I shake my head, "Honestly it was probably Hiram Lodge or one of his little goons that did it. After your protest he most likely saw an opportunity to shun you guys even more and he took it." 

"Probably." He mutters

I was about to answer when a voice rang out, "Fangs is at the Wyrm and wants you to go and visit him." Quinn says to me

"Uh, okay." I say, "I guess I can go, it's not like I wanna sit on the ground all day anyways."

She nods,"All right I'll text him and let him know you're stopping by. Sweet pea, will you take her? I'm gonna stay here and hang with Logan for a bit."

He nods and starts walking away.

"Tell dad i'll be back later please!" I yell to Logan as I chase after Sweet pea.

***

Since we were walking we arrived at the Whyte Wyrm in about thirty minutes. Upon walking in the first thing I notice is all the serpents surrounding someone. We push our way through and I see a blonde woman sitting in a chair.

"Jughead Jones. Did you really think you'd seen the last of me?" The woman says.

I turn around and see Jughead, I didn't even hear him come in.

"What's the snake charmer doing here?" Jughead asks his dad

Another serpents speaks up, "I brought her in. To help us."

"We don't need Pennys kind of help." Jughead responds

"You don't get a say anymore. Since you broke serpent law and hurt one of our own kind. Penny was about to tell your dad. Show them Penny." The same serpent from before says.

I look up at Sweet pea and notice he looks worried. I grab his hand and turn my attention back to the scene in front of me.

The woman who I now know as Penny rolls up her sleeve and slams her arm on the table. The only thing I see is a big raw patch where I assume skin use to be.

Sweet pea clutches my hand harder.

"That use to be my serpent tattoo. Until your son sliced a chunk out of my arm and left me bleeding in a ditch in Greendale." Penny says

I cover my mouth with my free hand in horror. It's hard to believe One of my own classmates did this to someone.

"However, I'm still willing to help the serpents. Tallboy showed me those eviction notices, they're legit. Luckily I can think of about Forty one ways to stall the process. I'm talking years." Penny says

"What's your price Penny?" FP asks her.

"Blood for blood. An eye for an eye. I want back in with the serpents and I want him kicked out. Oh yeah, one last thing. I want his tattoo carved off and I wanna do it myself. With a dirty knife."

***

Sweet pea walked me home after that. The whole way there we were both silent. I was in shock about what happened but there was also this lingering question in the back of my mind that I wasn't sure if I wanted to know the answer to.

As I was about to go inside I stopped just before my hand could turn the knob.

"We're you apart of it?" I ask, without turning around.

I hear him take a breath, "Yes."

I feel the tears start to well up in my eyes as I clutch the door knob tighter. "Quinn and Fangs? Were they there to?"

"Yes."

With that final answer I turn the knob and swing the door open and run upstairs to Logans room, where I hear the sound of laughter.

A/N

So the next chapter that I post will be the continuation of this chapter, cause ya know, cliffhangers.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a nice day/night!:)

Don't forget to vote and comment!:)

I don't own the gif or picture above.