On My Own

The little pink plus sign flashes before my eyes before I drop the white stick.  It falls to the floor, but i don't notice.  How can I be pregnant?  I'm sixteen! My parents are going to kill me!

I take a deep breath, pick up the test, then slowly wonder into my bedroom and sit down on my bed. What am I gonna do?

After sitting there for a good thirty minutes, I hear my mom calling for me from down stairs.

"Cassy, time for dinner!" I sigh and stand up.  I push the test under my pillow in case anyone came in here while I'm gone.  They can't find out.  Not yet.  I have to tell Louis first.  I walk down stairs and go into the dining room where mom has dinner set on the table.  I sit down across from my big sister, Katherine. Katie's leaving tonight to go back to college.  I quickly eat dinner, then ask if I can go over to Louis's house.  Mom says yea, so I hop in my car and head over to his house.

Me an Louis have been dating for 6 months now.  Katie introduces me to him at the end of her senior year.  He's her best friend's little brother. We started hanging out, and pretty soon we started dating.  I climb out of my car and walk up his steps.  I sigh and pause a minute before knocking.

His little sister, Jacie, comes and answers the door.  I smile at her.

"Hey, Jacie, is your brother home?"  She nods.

"He's in his bedroom." 

"Thank you, Jacie."  I go inside and slowly head upstairs to Louis's bedroom. I softly knock on his door before entering.  He is sitting on his bed with his shirt off.  He looks up at me and smiles as I enter.

"Cassy!"  He pats his lap.  "Come here baby girl."  I walk over and sit next to him on his bed.  "What's wrong, Cassy?"  I sigh.

"We need to talk."

"Uh oh.  That's never good.  What's wrong?" I sigh again.

"Do you love me, Louie?" He lets out a small laugh.

"You know I do Baby Girl.  Now, what's going on?"  I don't say anything.  He turns toward me and grabs my hands in his.  "Cassandra, what's wrong?" I sigh.

"I'm pregnant."  A look of utter terror washes over his face, and he drops my hands.

"What?" I single tear rolls down my cheek.

"I'm scared, Lou."  He stands up and starts pacing around the room. 

"S**t, Cassy, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know.  I'm not aborting them, though."  Louis looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You can't keep it, Cassy."  Anger flares up in my heart.

"Why not?" He lets out an angered laugh.

"Cassandra, you're sixteen! How are you gonna raise a baby?"

"I'll figure it out as I go."  He lets out another angry chuckle.

"Good luck with that, but your on your own."  My heart tears in two, and I run out of his house.  I climb into my car before I break down sobbing.  I curl up in a ball and cry.  After staying there for a few minutes, I sit up and leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry it's so short.  I tried writing this series before, but I failed even more epically than I am right now. LOL. Anyway, this is a companion series to my 2 book series "Trying to Hide the Obvious" and "The Truth About Love".  However, this book takes place 16/17 years before those series, so don't feel like you have to read them to understand this one.  Anyway, let me know what you think.  And have a great weekend and Happy Reading!