Doctor's

I wake up and nervously rub my stomach. I slowly crawl out of bed and get in the shower. I get dressed in a loose tank top and my last pair of fitting pants before heading out to the living room where Kay is waiting patiently.

"You ready?" I sigh.

"As I'll ever be." He laughs and grabs my hand as he drags me out to his car. The drive to the doctor's is silent. I keep fiddling nervously with my hair. I get more and more nervous by the second. By the time Kay finally pulls up in the parking lot, I feel like I'm going to explode. Kay climbs out, and I slowly follow him. It's not long before we're inside and signed in. With in minutes, a nurse comes out and calls my name. I hesitantly stand up and Kay looks at me nervously.

"Do you want me to come?" I nod, and he stands up and follows me. The nurse weighs me and then leads me into the doctor's office. She says the doctor will be there momentarily, and then she leaves. I sit down on the examination table and start looking around nervously. Kay sits down in the chair next to me and smiles up at me reassuringly. Not long after, the doctor walks in. She smiles at me.

"You must be Cassandra." I nod slowly. She walks up to me and shakes my hand. "I'm Dr. Oswald. Now, I'm gonna ask you a few questions real quick, all right?" I nod. "Ok. First question. When was your last period?" I blush for a second and begin to doubt my decision to have Kay in here. I sigh.

"Eight weeks ago." She rights on her paper then looks back up at me.

"Were your periods regular?" I look over at Kay who looks uncomfortable before turning back to Dr. Oswald and shaking my head.

"My periods have always been totally jacked up." She rights down more stuff on her clip board.

"Ok. Is there any history of cancer in your family? Any kind?" I shake my head again. "What about the father's?" I tense up.

"I don't know." She goes to write something down, but then look up at me. She takes a deep breath.

"Do you know who the father is?" I slowly nod as a tear slides down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away.

"He left me when he found out I was pregnant." She rights down more stuff on her clip board.

"Alright. Do you smoke or drink?" I shake my head. "Alrighty then. Well, first off, I'd like to get a blood test done. Afterwards, I want to do an ultrasound to check how far along you are since sometimes women with irregular periods have something called spotting while they are pregnant." I nod. She calls the nurse back into the room, and they take a lot of blood. And I mean a lot of blood. Then, the nurse took it to the lab, and Dr. Oswald rolled a cart with a weird machine on it over by my bed. "Can you lay down for me sweet heart?" She smiles sweetly at me as I lay down on my back. She slowly lifts up my shirt to reveal my stomach. She then takes some really cold gel and starts spreading it around on my stomach. After a couple minutes, a picture appears on the screen. Dr. Oswald looks at it very closely. She then looks back down at me. "You're about seventeen weeks. Which puts you under weight." I sigh and look over at the picture. A few tears spring to my eyes.

"Is that really my baby?" She smiles at me and nods. "He's beautiful." Kay laughs.

"What makes you think it's a boy?" I sigh.

"I can just tell." He laughs.

"Well, I think it's a girl." I shake my head and the doctor laughs.

"Well, you'll be able to find out for sure in about a week." I look over at the screen again. "In the meantime," I turn back towards her "you need to eat more, rest more. Do you have a job?" I slowly nod. "You can still work for right now, but the second it starts to affect you pregnancy, I'm putting you on maternity leave." I nod. "Alright, you're free to go. Stop by reception and make an appointment for sometime next week if you want to find out your baby's gender." I nod, and we leave.

-------------

Sorry it's been so long. But I'd like to say thank you to everyone who checked out my other books in the meantime, and a big thanks to me three new followers. Summers coming up, and I hope to update more soon. I love you all, and happy reading!