Failure

I gently brush out my hair and pull it into a pony tail as my sister drills me on what to say. She got me an interview at a McDonald's just barely off campus, and we both badly want me to get the job. Katie applies light make up to my face before turning me towards Makayla. Makayla looks me over before smiling and giving me a thumbs up. Katie gives me a quick hug, and then she throws me the keys to her car. I take a deep breath before heading down to the dorm parking lot. I hop in my sister's car and quickly drive to McDonald's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run into my sister's dorm and flop down on her bed.  I let out an aggravated groan.  I hear a small laugh across the room.

"Guessing the interview didn't go well?"  I throw a pillow at Makayla as tears start running down my cheeks.  I quickly wipe them away.  Makayla lets out another small laugh.  "Don't worry about it, Cassy, you'll get another job interview.  BTW, your sister's out getting food." I groan and stand up.

"I'm taking a shower."  I quickly run into towards the bathroom, ready to get out of these pretty clothes when I notice we are not alone in the room.  "Who are you?"  Makayla laughs.

"This is my brother, Kay.  Kay, this is my roommates sister, Cassy.  Cassy, Kay's staying here for the week."  I let out a groan.

"Great."  Kay sticks his hand out towards me.

"So, what's your story? Why are you here?"  I roll my eyes,then go and get in the shower.  By the time I'm done, Katie's home with pizza.  I hurry up and throw on her hello kitty feetie pajamas that swallow me whole, then run into her room to get food while it's still hot.  I'm stuck sitting next to Kay on the couch, and it's all I can do not to punch that smile off his face.  Why is he so happy anyway? Katie looks over at me.

"So, I heard your interview went badly." I groan and set down my pizza, quickly losing my appetite.

"Bad is an understatement.  I'm never gonna get hired.  I have no experience, and I'm pregnant."  I sigh and set my plate on an end table. Katie smiles over at me weakly.

"Don't be like that Cassy.  You'll be fine." I shake my head. "You are such a negative person."  I shake my head again, only wishing that I could go to sleep but knowing it'll be hours before I can.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry so short.  Make sure you check out the companion series, The Truth About Love and Trying to Hide the Obvious.  Happy reading!  I'll try to post again soon!