Routine

It's not long before we have a daily routine worked out.  When I get up in the morning, Luke is still asleep after working the night shift at the local dixie cream.  I get in the shower, and Kay wakes up just as I'm getting out.  After we're both showered and dressed, he drops me off at work on his way to the radio station.  I work 10 am to 6pm.  I eat my free employee meal for dinner, then start walking home.  When I get home, Kay is eatting dinner and Luke is getting ready for work. Me and Kay then normally watch tv until one of us goes to bed.

I pop my neck as I walk out of McDonald's.  I'vebeen living with Kay and Luke for about 2 weeks now.  I go to start on my walk home, but stop when I see Kay's car in the parking lot.  He's leaning against the back driver's door staring at me.  I walk over to him, and he smiles when I'm near him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Picking you up from work.  I needed to go to the store anyway, so I figured I might as well pick you up.  Especially since you need to cash your paycheck."  I nod, then I hop in his car, and we go to Walmart.  Once I've cashed my check and bought me food for my weekend off work, we head home.  As soon as we get to our appartment and have put away all of our groceries, Kay turns towards me.  "So, I've made you a doctor's appointment for tomorrow."  I turn sharply towards him.

"Why?"  He sighs and lets out a nervous laugh.

"Because you need one.  You need to make sure your baby is healthy." I sigh.

"I can't afford to go to the doctor's."

"Yes you can.  Your family has insurance through your sister's school. That includes you."  I sigh again as I sit down on the couch.  I pull the remote towards me and flip through the channels until I see The Nightmare before Christmas.  I put it on, then lean back into the couch and stare down at my stomach.  If you look carefully enough, you can see a small bump where my baby is growing inside me.

"Okay."  He sits down next to me.

"I'll give you a ride if you want."  I nod and rest a hand on my stomach as I watch the movie.  After it's over, we watch Edward Scissorhands and The Corpse Bride before I'm so exhausted that I go into my room and fall asleep.

-----------------------------------

I'm sorry it's so short.  I'm just supper busy lately with work and prom and ACTs and PARCC.  Oh, and I got my ACT scores back today.  30 composite out of 36 and 10 out of 12 on the writing ACTs.  anyway, happy reading!  I'll try to update again soon!