• 5 •

Just wanted to thank everyone who gave this book a chance.

It means the world to me, and I'm super grateful.

P.S : Have a bountiful August!

°°

Not everyone was a friend,
Some people,
Just stuck around
To see your downfall.

°°

                                •Zion

Flashback•

The constant buzzing of the telephone jolts me out of my trance. I scrunched my brows, scanning the call ID in a glance.

"Figlio."
[Son]

''Papà che c' è questa volta?"
[Dad what is it this time?]

"The port."

"Yes, is there a problem?" I questioned impatiently. My eyes roam the empty, dark office, just how I like it.

"Meet me there in 40."

"I don't have time for jokes, father. What will the meeting be for?" I asked while throwing the file on the desk and leaning back.

"Zion, I am serious. An important person wants to have a conversation" he explained tiredly.

I huff defeated. "I will there in 50 but if you're playing with me, you will regret it."

"Be quick, son." He continued and I groan lowly "Emily wants to speak to you. You haven't been answering her calls, have you?"

"See you soon, dad."

"Wait Zi-"

I rub my eyes and a faint sigh escaped my lips. I would need a lot of energy for 'the conversation'.

The dim lights from the lamp lights the room a bit as I get up. I need to get this over with, and have a good fuck.

I huff my buttons together and straighten my shoulders. Picking up my phone, I hurriedly exit the office.

••

The faint whistles and pedals of the waves can be heard closely. The sun heats the sand as I walk through series of pathways leading to the hideout. A bird chirps, flying away leaving me void, with only mild foot clamps been heard.

"Zion, you took so long" Tristan exclaimed five feet away.

"Well yes. I had important work to handle" I return putting my hands in my pocket, scanning the deserted area.

"I am sure he will be here any minute" he chuckles lightly and I sigh.

"Besides it's still quite early" he continued clearing his throat.

"How long?" I question with a brow up. I was not a very patient man.

"Not that long" he replied, leaning against a forklift as distant footsteps were heard.

"You can come out now" he reckoned nodding his head at me.

"Sì. Sì"
[Yes. Yes]

A tall yet muscular figure steps out from being a cargo and gives a toothy smile. Figlio di puttana.

"Il figlio. Tristano" he gives Tristan a tight hug.
[Son. Tristan]

I scoff. "Una riunione di famiglia?"
[A family reunion?]

"È molto tempo che non co si vede, Sion" his evil smirk saints his face.
[Long time, no see, Zion]

"Si papà. Sembri più brutta con il passare degli anni" I play along, folding my arms against my chest.
[Yes papa. You seem to look uglier by the years]

The sun had set, making the environment sort and cool with a subtle yellow glow.

"Hmm . . . Tristan, you are doing quite a job, aren't you?" He nudges Tristan and they have a laugh.

"Sputarlo" I bark impatiently.
[Spit it]

"Ahh . . . pazienza, pazienza figlio. Pensavo avessi le buone maniere ora eh?"
[Ahh . . . Patience patience son. I thought you had morals now?]

"Don't mind him, immature minds these days" Tristan commented smiling. I'll wipe that stupid smile off your face really soon.

"I guess no jokes anymore?" He laughs softly "It is time to fully take charge."

"The elders want full control but you know I won't let that happen. Said you are irresponsible, is that so?" He questioned and I stay quiet, my sight anywhere but him.

"Vedi Sion, sei proprio come me. Ci piace di vertirci. Ecco perchè hai puttane e la tua cagna principale. Where is yours?" He bemoaned walking towards me with a sly grin.
[See Zion you are just like me. We love to have fun, that is why you have your whores and your main bitch]

"Answer me!" He demanded leaning closer and I draw a breath in disgust.

"Non rispondo a nessuno."
[I am not answerable to anyone]

"Oh lo sei, faresti meglio a capirti e prepararti per una corretta incoronazione" he announced walking away from me.
[Oh you are, you better figure out yourself and get ready for a proper coronation]

"Nice meeting you again" he pats Tristan's shoulder lightly, strutting away from his previous entrance.

"Cane" I mutter under my breath.
[Dog]

"Zion how ab-"

"I will meet mum at home" I interrupt him walking out angrily.

Piccolo verme.
[Little worm]

••

"Sion, took you long enough," Giòvanni exclaimed on my re entry to my office.

The blinding lights makes me squint my eyes, as I trotter to my table. I take off my coat, tossing it to the couch by the corner.

"How's the deal?" I ask, slightly disturbed, those old men were surely taking time to succumb.

"I'm not sure, you still need validity." he hands me the file "They agreed to meet next week, but you still need to do your part."

"Hmm.. Soon."

"So?"

I press on the intercom "Ms. Brown, my office."

"Is there a problem?" he asks.

"Non, I'm leaving now. When she arrives, address a letter to a Skai Smith" I pat his shoulder lightly, walking away from the office.

"You know what you're doing, right?" he asks, and I pause.

"Sì."

                                  ..

Like I said earlier, thank you so much for reading ❤️

Please let me know what you think in the comments.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

I tried to update as soon as I could, I hope you enjoyed your time reading.

Have a great day/ night :)

Love,

Xx.

❣️❣️