• 4 •

°°

My scars are bold,
Not beautiful,
But intriguing,
Showing how far I fought.

°°

..

.Skai.

Sunday;

"I still can't believe you left me there, Tess."

She groans. "And I'm so sorry and disappointed with myself, I promised to be with you" she takes a bite from her apple.

I sigh. "This is so messed up, their arrival is tomorrow" I throw myself on the couch, my head placed on her leg.

"Look on the bright side, you tried to ask. I mean, he doesn't know what he's missing without you" she mentions, making me snort.

"Yeah right. That man- doesn't look like someone who misses things."

"Hmm.. Whatever. At least he didn't give a reply though, it would have been a fucking blowoff if he rejected."

"Yeah" I reply, taking a bite from the apple. Yes, I lied. I couldn't face telling her the entire truth, I would look more stupid that way.

It wasn't like she didn't support my actions, but I already had regret, anymore would too much to handle.

We stay silent for some minutes, taking turns to eat from the apple. I had to attend the afternoon mass at church, and it was past eight, so I had time to while.

"Ooo I know what to do" Tess squeals.

"What now?"

"Let's go to the mall and find-"

"No. Absolutely not, I'm not doing that anymore, thank you."

"Fine, at least I tried" I sit upright, as she stands from the couch.

The door bell rings.

"Is Louis coming over?" I ask, as we normally didn't have much visitors, well apart from Louis and a few people from church.

"I'm not sure- he didn't inform me."

I turn slightly, as she walks to the door. She moves outside, closing the door, maybe Louis didn't want to come in. The room remains silent, and I contemplate with my thoughts, there weren't a lot of options left for me.

"B, there's a letter for you," she announces, handing it to me.

I sigh, it couldn't be any thing important anyways.

"Aren't you going to open it?"

"Nope, probably some mail" I rest on her shoulder.

"Well.. This seems important, at least that's what the man said" she snatches the letter from my hand, tearing the envelope.

"Hmm.. Fancy." She stays silent for some minutes, reading the content of the letter.

"HOLY SHIT!"

"What's the problem?" she rises abruptly, her eyes widened in shock.

"What's the problem, Teas?" I ask already panicking, it could be something bad.

She smiles really widely. "I think you have to read this. Alone."

To Ms. Smith,
By secretariat.

This is to inform you by this letter, that you have been requested by Mr. Latsis to meet for a lunch appointment this afternoon- 12noon.