Dinner at Darcy's

Darcy’s really was the perfect place for a first date, this small mom and pop diner was the best option if you couldn’t compromise on food type. They didn’t have a direct theme, it was run by a couple that cooked whatever you wanted and included specials on other types by the day of the week. They could advertise anything from Monday Meatballs to Friday Fishes.

Some of the dishes were Italian, some American, and some just yummy with knowing the nationality. The decor was simple; chocolate round tables with matching chairs. Walls were a creamy yellow and the floors were wood matching the tables. Each table had a glass bowl with a flameless candle in it. Music played over the speakers, the piano versions of popular songs.

The second reason it was so great was that it wasn’t really well known. People would drive by the place and not even notice. It was discreetly hidden in between a law office and an insurance sales office in a business strip without actually having any signs on the outside to declare it was a place to stop in if you were hungry.

She ordered their shrimp and fish tomato soup to follow her house salad and awaited her seafood Alfredo. Her date copied her order and after trying it, they ended up eating their salad in comfortable silence to enjoy the beginning of their meal.