fifteen / awkward

Start from the beginning

"Umm...," breaking the kiss, he stepped back and glanced at the window and then the floor, everywhere but her face. "I can't...."

Wrapping her arms around herself, Kith just stood there, nodding uncomfortably in agreement. "Sorry," she apologized.

"It's not.... it's not like I don't want to," he said quickly, not wanting to offend her. "I do. But.... you're pregnant...."

"Yeah," she concurred.

"And it's just.... it'd be weird," he continued. "I've never been with a pregnant girl."

"Yeah," she repeated, turning around to face the bed. Cameron ran his hands down the front of his jeans, thinking if he should say anything else. He didn't want her to feel bad.

"I like you, Kith, but...."

"Pregnant," she finished for him. She said it so solemnly.

Closing his mouth, he decided to stop talking in order to sound like less of an asshole. She wasn't saying it openly, but he was certain that he'd hurt her feelings. He knew it wasn't her fault; they both knew that. Opening and closing his fists, he decided it was best to just leave her alone. She probably just wanted to go to sleep, anyway.

"Just tell me when you're done changing." Without looking at her, he strode quickly from the room and out a little ways into the hall. The door didn't close immediately behind him. Maybe she's not that mad at me, he mused. That was perfect. He didn't want her mad at him for not doing something they both knew shouldn't happen. Biting his nail, he quieted his mind. No one else was up, which was surprising. "She's seventeen." Listing the reasons aloud helped his case. "She's seventeen and pregnant and she's still in high school, man."

But Kith was beautiful.

Still thinking, he ran his hands over his exposed chest. Some of her hair had brushed against his bare skin and it felt like he'd been electrocuted. "No," he said quietly, pacing. He'd touched her bare back too. Shaking his head, he took a few steps towards the stairs. "No, no, no. I just need to go downstairs and watch TV." Cameron knew full well that he couldn't have sex with her. That was out of the question. He wasn't having sex with a pregnant girl, a pregnant teenager at that. Her hormones were all sorts of crazy, and given what she'd gone through... Something about it just seemed horribly, horribly wrong.

He put one foot on the top step and stared down. "Go downstairs, Cameron," he instructed himself. Standing there, he could tell that his door was still open. Heart pounding, he turned his last chance over in his mind. His pajama pants were still in his room; that was an acceptable excuse to turn around and go back. Regressing, he stalked back down the hall and paused outside his doorway. He didn't want to bust in if she was actually naked.

"Kith?"

"Yeah?" she answered in a small voice.

"You dressed?"

There was a moment's hesitation. And in that moment, Cameron wavered, wondering if it was better if they were apart for a little while longer. She wanted to have sex with him. That was why she requested 'help' with her cardigan. He couldn't have sex with her though. He wanted to so much it was difficult to think of anything else but he just couldn't.

"Yeah," she responded.

"Okay," re-entering their room, he slowly shut the door and flipped off the lights.