six / problems

Sweating, Cameron ascended the steps of his frat house, hand trailing the railing, heart racing

Sweating, Cameron ascended the steps of his frat house, hand trailing the railing, heart racing.  He'd gone for an afternoon run that encompassed a majority of campus.  He thoroughly enjoyed running, or just exercising in general.  The after-effects were always so great; he always felt empowered and super-human afterwards. 

Lifting weights was good for his upper-half, but he liked being outdoors and out in the elements more, especially in Spring and Summer.  Early fall was good, too.  The looks girls gave him were for confirmation more than anything.  Cameron knew he looked good; he especially liked when other people confirmed it with their eyes.

Tugging at the sweat-soaked, Alpha Chi Epsilon shirt sticking to his abs, he reached the top of the stairs and walked down the hall, passing by shut doors.  Some of the guys were in the library, studying, an act foreign to Cameron.  He hadn't studied since middle school.  He didn't really see the point. 

Freshman year of college, he'd made decent grades, and he'd partied harder than he'd been doing this year.  College was about meeting people and having fun, not holing up in the library, overdosing on caffeine, and freaking out over midterms and finals.  The future didn't care about what grade he made in the lab.

Within the frat, he was known as the partier, and in his opinion, there was no greater title.  He was the one invited to every single event, at every single frat and sorority.  Of course he had a reputation of getting drunk all the time, but that wasn't entirely true.  For every five parties he attended, he got completely smashed at only two of them.

Hell, being at a party was how he'd met Heather, one of the hottest girls he'd ever seen.  His frat had been mixing with Pi Delta Delta, and he'd seen her from across the room, sipping casually from a red cup.  She had a reputation as a catty bitch, but he didn't care.  She toned it down around him, and... well, she was hot.

They weren't even really together.  What they had was something best described with the word 'open'.  She knew he slept with other girls, and he assumed that she took down other dudes.  It wasn't that big of a deal.  Cameron wasn't looking for a serious girlfriend, just someone he could lie next to at night and then kick out if they got to be too much in the morning.

Traipsing down the hall, he stared at each of the wooden paddles engraved with initials of brothers' past.  Tugging at the midsection of his shirt again, he put his hand out to push open the door and then stopped.

Instead of being open, as expected, the door was cracked.  And from where he stood, he had a full view of Kith, shirtless and seated on his bed.  Holding his breath, he studied her figure.  She didn't look that much different pregnant.  He'd never seen her without a shirt before, but she looked basically the same as any other half-naked girl.  Her bra was black and lacy.  Inhaling a bit, he studied the slight curve of her stomach.  He tried to think of how it would look in a few months, but failed.  Curly, dark hair spilled over her shoulders, shielding her face from view.