Chapter 27 🥀

Scott, a week later ..

"SCOTT WAGNER!"

I raised my head at the loud yell from the security guard. The large man approached my cell with his hands in his belt loops, "You got a visitor."

As I walked down the hall, I was hoping and praying that it was Sadie. I've been in jail for 8 days now and not one of my family members visited. I sat at the small window and there was a Black woman that I'd never seen before.

"Who are you?" I asked as soon as I picked up the phone.

"I told the people at the office that I was your wife Sadie. Those lazy people didn't even ask for ID, they were busy watching some shit on their phones."

"Wh— well I still don't know who you are."

"My name is Paulette Wright, I'm Samir's mother."

"What the.. why did you say that you're my wife? What do you want with me?" I asked very confused.

"Look, I've tried to break up Samir and Amani several times and it's just not working. I know you can help me somehow."

"Why would you want to ruin your own son's relationship?" I asked.

"Why would you wanna kidnap your own son so he can be with a gay stripper psychopath?"

"You don't know anything about me."

"Look we don't have enough time to discuss what I know about you. Are you willing to help me or not?"

"I'm trying to get back in my wife's good graces, I don't have time for this."

"Fool you have HIV you really think that she's gonna take yo nasty ass back? Plus you done been getting fucked in the ass so much yo hole probably all loose no woman wants that."

"What the hell? How do you know all this about me? I've never met you a day in my life."

"We can talk about this next time, now I just need to know if you'll help me."

"I said no, that's that. I have to go." I shook my head and hung up the phone.

Samir

Today is my late father's birthday. Every year I go visit his grave, I usually go alone but Amani insisted on coming with me this time.

"Babe I love you so much." Amani said as we arrived to the cemetery, "Thank you for letting me come."

"I love you too, thanks for actually wanting to be here. It means a lot to me."

"I wouldn't dare be anywhere else right now."

I looked into her eyes and all I saw was genuineness. How did I get so lucky? To find a woman my age that I have so much in common with who loves me just as much as I love her.

"Alright, lets go. His headstone is over there by that big ass tree."

"You never really told me much about your dad." Amani said as we walked toward the grave.

"He was my hero, a successful Black man who loved his family. He was like my real life Cliff Huxtable. Every day before school he—" I stopped mid sentence when I saw two figures already kneeling in front of my father'a grave.

"Who is that?" I asked myself.

Amani squinted, "That guy looks like your brother.. looks like he's with a girl."

Once we got closer I knew exactly who it was I just needed to know if my eyes were deceiving me.

"Raheem?" I said. He jumped and turned around, in complete shock to see me.

"Samir.. wassup man?"

"The fuck are you doing here with Braelyn?"

"I know this looks bad bruh, just let me explain."

"Me and Raheem are together." Braelyn interrupted and got straight to the point, "And this is HIS baby." She said showing her stomach.

I just stood there. What the fuck. My own blood brother. Amani looked at me with a worried look in her eyes, not knowing what I was going to do.

"This true?" I asked.

He took a second to respond, "Yeah man.. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you are sorry." I said, "Too sorry to be standing anywhere near my father's grave. Move yo dumb ass back bruh."

"Aye Samir, I'm still ya big brother watch how you to talk to me."

"Or what? The fuck you gone do Raheem?"

"Babe.. Let's just go.." Amani said.

"Nah.. I wanna see what ole boy gone do."

I stepped closer to my brother just waiting for him to put his hands on me.

"OH MY GOODNESS!" Braelyn screamed, "MY WATER JUST BROKE!!"