Chapter 24 🥀

Tommy

We arrived at a motel about three hours after he beat up Scott then drove off. I couldn't even call Scott my dad anymore, how could he do this to our family? There was a time when he came to all of my soccer games and sat front row, he taught me how to get girls, taught me how to drive when I was only 13, I don't know who he is now.

Joshua was surprisingly silent the entire ride up to the motel, I guess he had a lot to think about. I didn't want to say anything either, I was confused. Should I fight back and try to escape? Or will he beat me like he beat Scott? I know that the gun didn't belong to Scott, so it had to be Joshua's. What if he killed me? So I just decided to not challenge him, there was an amber alert sent out for me. Somebody will find me.

"How are you feeling?" He finally asked.

"I— I really don't know how to feel."

"I understand. Do you want a beer?"

"I'm only 15."

"I'm not like Sadie and Scott, I'm a cool dad." He gave a fake smile, trying to make me feel comfortable, that didn't work.

"I want to talk to my mom, I know she's worried about me." I said.

His facial expression changed quickly, "Your mom will be here in about an hour, your real mom. Not that cunt Sadie."

"Don't talk about my mom like that." I stood up defending her.

Smack.

I felt a strong sting across my face, it was something new. Sadie and Scott never hit me. Sadie even said she'd die before she hit her kids.

"Don't make this difficult, son. Don't disrespect me, okay?"

"..Okay."

Samir

I don't know about this shit. Driving to a whole other state with this man that I've never met or heard anything about so we can go try to get rescue Amani's little brother from some heroin addicted lunatic. We all know that the man is crazy as fuck, now we're driving to his peoples house knowing he has a gun and he's high on heavy drugs.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I said.

"What do you mean?" Amani asked.

"I mean going all the way to Wisconsin off of a hunch that Scott has.. we don't even know if he's there. On top of that, this man is armed and dangerous."

"This is my little brother we're talking about. He's been kidnapped by a psychopath, you want me to just sit back and wait for somebody to respond that amber alert?"

"What I'm saying is you should tell the police what Scott told you so they can contact the Wisconsin police and let them handle it instead of us driving all the way up there on basically nothing. Joshua has been lying to Scott dumb ass all this time, you think—"

"Hey man I'm sitting right here." Scott interrupted.

"Look I'm not trying to blatantly disrespect you but you've done some dumb ass shit now you got all of us doing some dumb shit and my girlfriend's life is in danger. Joshua has been lying to you all this time, you think his parents really live in Wisconsin? You don't even know for sure if he's going there."

"Samir is right," Jerome said, pulling the car over, "I'm taking you guys to the police station then I'm going to stay with Sadie at the hospital."

"What the hell? She's my wife! I'm going to stay with her!" Scott yelled.

"You don't even care about her, you've been getting fucked by a man for who knows how long, he must've literally fucked your brains out if you don't think that I will throw your ass out of this car right now!" Jerome yelled back.

"Guys please calm down. This is not how we should be communicating right now, Sadie is in the hospital, Tommy is kidnapped. That's what's important!" Amani said.

"Amani what do you think we should do?" I asked.

"I think we should do what Jerome said. Scott we need you with us because you have all of the information on Joshua. It's just the smarter thing to do."

"I agree." Jerome said.

"Me too." I said.

We all looked at Scott. "..Fine."

_______________________

Hey y'all! I hope you're enjoying the story still.

What do you think they should do? Comment! I'll most likely be updating again tonight.

In the meantime 🌚 please go check out my other story 'Billie'