Special Chapter - Mr. Determined

*The longest distance on Earth is not North to South, it's when I stand in front of you and you ignore me.

"So, Mikan Yukihara is already taken I heard?" Ruka Nogi asked, a clearly amused expression on his face. "And surprisingly, not by you." He added.

Natsume Hyuuga didn't bother to answer his best friend's question. Instead, he continued to read the manga that he was holding, his back leaning against the trunk of the tree that they were under in. Ruka, of all people, shouldn't be making fun of him now. After all, the two of them were already in complicated situations, both of which were caused by their stubborn ex-girlfriends.

It was lunch period, and they were hanging out at the garden at the back of the high school building. Natsume never bothered to take lunch at all. Instead, he would spend the whole period hanging around here in the back garden, if not reading his manga, catching up on some sleep.

"Who's this Eiji Nakamura anyway?" Kitsuneme Yome, who was perched on the branch of the tree, asked.

"Well right now, he's Mikan's boyfriend." Kitsu's twin, Kokoro Yome, answered, a grin etched on his face. Ruka and the others burst out laughing, much to Natsume's dismay.

"Geez, will you guys quit it. It's already bad enough that I have to see those two together every single day without you guys shoving it in my face." He muttered.

"Sorry about that, Natsume. It's just the fact that we never really expected Mikan to be capable of replacing you so easily. And to think, that you actually went all the way to Tokyo just to get her back." Yuu Tobita said between laughs.

"And end up failing." Koko chimed in, and the rest of them all the more laughed.

Natsume scowled in annoyance. As much as he was glad that he had his friends back, he was easily getting pissed off at their jokes.

"Aw come on! Lighten up, Natsume. You know we're just kidding." Ruka grinned at him. "Anyways, what are you planning to do now?" Ruka's tone suddenly became serious.

The others immediately stopped laughing and turned to look at them, their eyes curious and interested.

"Yeah, we were also wondering about that too, Natsume." Yuu said.

"After all, you're not one who would easily give up on something you want." Kitsu added, as he jumped down from the tree.

"You're not actually planning on giving up on Mikan, are you?" Koko exclaimed.

Natsume couldn't help but scowl.

“Of course not, you idiot. Why the hell would I ever do that?" He yelled, his patience finally running out.

"Well, what are you planning to do?" Kitsu prompted.

Natsume's scowl all the more deepened. After all, it wasn't like he didn't try to take Mikan back. He'd been doing everything he can all week just to get that girl's attention.

He tried to be sweet with her: opening doors for her, offering to carry her bag and even accompanying her everywhere she went. He also tried to make her jealous: he flirted with some girls during PE class right in front of her, he received love letters and chocolates from his fan girls when the two of them were sitting next to each other during classes and he even asked out a random girl (he didn't bother to remember her name) from another class while she was there.

And yet, Mikan remained stubborn and frankly, uninterested. In the past years that they've known each other, Natsume oftentimes clashed with that stubborn pride of hers. That girl just never gives up on anything. But right now, he'd have to force her to swallow that damn pride of hers.

"Simple. I'll make her come to me." He said.

"What do you mean, Natsume?" Yuu asked.

"Yeah, have you forgotten that she already has a boyfriend?" Koko pointed out.

"So, what? They'll break up sooner or later."

"You're not actually planning on breaking them up, are you?" Kitsu asked.

"Of course not. They'll break up on their own. And the minute that they do, I'll be there to take her back." Natsume grinned.

"But what if someone else beat you to it?" Ruka challenged.

"No one would ever dare go against Natsume Hyuuga. And if they do, I'll make them go to hell." Natsume declared, an evil glint in his eyes.

"But what if Mikan doesn't take you back?" Yuu coaxed.

"She'll take me back, that's for sure. After all, no girl could ever resist me that long, even if it's Mikan Yukihara." Natsume smirked.

"There he goes again." Kitsu muttered under his breath.

"I swear to you idiots that before this school year ends, Mikan and I will get back together again." Natsume said confidently.

"That's what he said the last time we saw him." Koko muttered.

"Nah, let's leave him be. After all, once Natsume gets fired up, he'll never stop." Ruka grinned.

Natsume didn't bother to comment at all. Instead, he stood up, grabbed his manga and went back to the high school building, his friends hurrying to catch up with him.