Chapter 1: The First Day of School

*Fate is just too unpredictable. Fate plays tricks on you when you least expect it. Accept is the only thing you can do. What will happen happens.

It was the first day of school and a certain sixteen-year-old girl with light brown hair and hazel eyes was rushing around in her room, obviously late.

"Geez, why is it always my habit to be late on the first day of school?" The girl grumbled under her breath as she struggled to put on her uniform. As you would already know, this girl is none other than Mikan Yukihara. She was already fixing her hair when she heard a knock on the door.

"Hey baka, if you don't hurry up, I'm going to leave without you!" The person who knocked yelled from behind the door.

"Just a minute, Hotaru! Please wait for me!" Mikan called, already putting on her boots.

When she was finally ready, she grabbed her bag and ran to the door. Outside, leaning against the door, waiting for her, was another sixteen-year-old girl who had raven hair and amethyst-colored eyes. She was none other than Hotaru Imai, her best friend.

"You're so slow, baka." She said. She turned around and started to walk away.

"I'm so sorry Hotaru! I slept late again." Mikan explained as she tried to keep up with her.

"If I'm late on the first day of school because of you, I'm so going to kill you." Hotaru threatened, giving Mikan a death glare.

"Aw, come on Hotaru! I said I was sorry. Besides, I even had to miss breakfast just to make sure that you wouldn't wait long." Mikan cried as showed Hotaru her puppy-dog eyes.

"That serves you right." Hotaru muttered. "And will you quit doing that? It's annoying you know."

"You only find it annoying because it always works!" Mikan laughed as she grabbed hold of Hotaru's arm.

"Stop clinging baka!" Hotaru yelled but she couldn't help but smile at Mikan's cheerfulness.

It has already been a year since Mikan and Hotaru started studying in Alice Academy. Alice Academy is one of the most prestigious and elite private schools in the whole world. It is a well-known boarding school that consists of three main divisions namely: the Elementary School Division, the Middle School Division and last but not the least, the High School Division.

Each division has a dorm building wherein the students stay per year level and where they also take their meals and buy their food. The school also has its own hospital so that the students won't need to go out of campus in case of medical emergencies. Near the hospital is Central Town, which consists of several different stores, wherein the students can shop and purchase their necessities. The school also has a lot of activities every year wherein the students from every division can participate in.

Students are only allowed to go out of campus during vacations, school trips or if they have any important appointments outside of school grounds. Even though the school is strict with policies and regulations, Mikan really loved it.

As they made their way to the High School Building, they passed by several students who greeted them. Mikan cheerfully greeted them back while Hotaru nodded at them in acknowledgement. Even though it is only their second year in Alice Academy, the two have become really popular not just in the High School Division, but also in the whole school.

Mikan has gotten the reputation of being called the Yukihara family's "Princess" because of the fact that her father, Izumi Yukihara, is the richest and number one business tycoon in the whole world. Her uncle, Kazumi Yukihara, on the other hand, is the principal of the High School Division, whereas her mother, Yuka Azumi Yukihara, is the most famous model and actress in the whole country of Japan.