TWENTY-FOUR: nearly headless finn

Start from the beginning

The two men with weapons repeat the action and I watch the think blood run past me and down the drain. I feel the hot tears roll of my cheeks and mix into the blood.

I look up just in time to see Gareth walk in with a book and ask, "Hey guys, what is your shot count?"

The man with the baseball bat hits the man right next to me as he answers "38".

The man with the knife that I now realize is a huge machete slits the man's throat. I feel the man next to me's body go limp and I scream. I feel the men walk behind me and I can see the bat go up. I brace myself but nothing happens.

"Hey! What's you shot count?" Gareth yells at the man with the machete.

The man pauses, "Uh crap man,  I don't know. This is my first roundup."

Gareth then goes on to say what sounds like gibberish to me and write down things in a book. Gareth gets interrupted by Bob yelling, "Hey let me talk to you!"

Gareth ignores Bob and continues to write down stats, "Four men from A, Four from D, and then that girl from A as well?"

"Yeah" a man says from behind me.

"Let me talk to you for a minute!" Bob yells through his gag.

Gareth finally gives in and walks over to Bob, removing his gag. "What?" he asks.

"Don't do this. We can fix this!" Bob pleads.

"No you can't" Gareth responds.

"You don't have to do this! We told you there's a way out of all this. You just have to take a chance! We have a man who knows how to stop it, he has a cure. We just have to get him to Washington. You don't have to do this man. The world can go back to the way it was!" Bob yells at Gareth who isn't very interested.

Gareth pulls Bob's gag back up and tells him, "We can't go back Bob" Gareth then move onto Rick, kneels down, and pulls down his gag all while ignoring Bob's muffled attempts to plead our way out of this. "I saw you go into the woods with a bag and come out without it. Had to pull my spotters back before we could go look for it. What was in it?" Gareth asks our leader.

Rick stays silent, giving Gareth a death glare.
"You hid it, right? Just in case things went bad? Smart. Still, we'll find it" Gareth says pausing after the last words, "But it's too dangerous to go out there right now."

Gareth then pulls out a knife and places it in front of Bob's face. "WHat was in it?" he repeats, "I'm curious and it was a big bag."

Rick stares at him for a bit and finally mumbles, "Let me take you out there. I'll show you."

Gareth gives Rick a creepy smile, "Not going to happen but this might" he says as he moves the knife closer to Bob's face.

"There's guns in it." Rick blurts, "AK-47, .44 Magnum, automatic weapons, nightscope, there's a compound bow, and a machete with a red handle. That's what i'm going to use to kill you."

Gareth doesn't seem fazed by Rick's threat at all. In fact, he smiles and laughs before putting Rick's gag back on. "Thanks" he tells Rick as he pats his shoulders.

Gareth is about to leave the room when I yell through my gag, "wait!"

Gareth slowly turns around and walks towards me. "Oh yeah. I totally forgot about you!" he says as he kneels down in front of me, "What did you want to say?"

Gareth pulls down my gag and I immediatley start talking, "What the hell is this? Why us?" I yell as the salty tears make their way to my mouth.

Gareth laughs, "Aw Finn, don't cry. You had your chance to live but you refused it. That's why you are getting killed first."

"What about my dad? Why are you killing him? He doesn't deserve this! Just kill me instead!" I yell at the man.

Gareth shakes his head, "Well your dad here is too much of a threat to us and anyway we like to kill the men first, they taste better". The man winks at me while he says the last couple of words and it sends shivers down my spine.

Gareth goes to pull up my gag but when his hand gets close enough I bite it. His hand recoils back in pain. "You'll pay for this you son of a bitch! Go to hell!" I yell at him.

Hands from behind me pull up my gag and I start to squirm. I scream through my gag as Gareth continues to give orders to the men still gripping his hand out of pain.

"Oh and make sure her death and her father's is slow and painful" Gareth says pointing at me and my dad.

"Got it" I hear from behind me.

"Yes sir" I hear another voice say.

I see the man's arm go back, ready to swing and I let out a sob. I brace myself as I see the bat come down but the man stops when a gunshot goes off outside.

Gareth freezes and I stop my sobbing. The man takes out his walkie and speaks into it. "Hey Chuck?" he asks but there's no response.

Another gunshot goes off and Gareth tries the walkie again. Still nothing. Gareth goes to leave the room but is stopped when we all hear a very loud boom followed by the whole room shaking.

XXX

okay honestly i loooooved writing this chapter. It had fluff, badass moments, and also the creepy moments you can only get in The Walking Dead.

So Carol's finally here to save the day! Hopefully everyone gets out safe ;)