TWENTY-FOUR: nearly headless finn

Start from the beginning

The man with the mullet speaks up, "It is not bullshit. As a matter of fact, it isn't shit in any possible way. I do have a cure young lady and I will get it to D.C."

"Yeah well what is the cure?" I ask the mullet man.

The man look towards the red haired man and shakes his head, "That's classified"

I laugh at the man's pathetic attempts at lying to me. I lean over to Carl who is sitting next to me making a weapon out of someone's belt and whisper, "bullshit"

He looks up at me and starts to laugh so I join him.

The red haired man looks over at us and yells, "Hey! This is no laughing matter!"

This causes me and Carl to laugh even harder than before but our laughter is quickly cut off by my dad saying, "Alright got four of them pricks coming our way."

I hop up and grip the sharpened zipper in my hands, ignoring the pain in my left arm and ready to lung at them when they open the door. Carl does the same but he positions himself slightly in front of me as if he was trying to protect me.

"Go for their eyes first and then their throats" Rick reminds us.

"Get your backs to the wall at either end of the car! Now!" a man yells from outside but none of us follow his orders.

We wait for the big door in front of us to open but instead a small door on the roof opens. A can drops down into the train car and we all recognize it immediately.

"Move!" the red haired man yells and we all run to the sides.

The can explodes into a cloud of gas, filling the train car. I start coughing as I hear the big door open up. I put my hands up ready to fight but it's no use, no one can see. I feel a pair of hands grab me and I try to push them off but they're too strong. The arms carry me outside the car and throw me onto the ground.

When I look up I see a man in a gas mask looking down on me. I try to get up but I feel something heavy come down on my head and everything goes dark.

I hear a saw buzzing as I fade in and out of consciousness. As I start to regain my sight I look around to find myself in a new room, gagged and handcuffed. A man places me in front of a big metal basin as he ziplocks my feet. The smell of chemicals is overwhelming in this room.

I look around to me to see eight men. I look to my left and see 4 men I have never seen before in my life. As I look to my other side I realize that my dad, Glenn, Rick, and Bob are also in the line. I make eye contact with my dad and he starts to struggle against his restraints.

I hear a man sharpening a knife behind me and I feel my stomach drop. I watch the man with a knife walk down to the man farthest from me on my left. Another man with a metal baseball bat hits this man in the head. The man with the knife then picks up the man's head and slits his throat, blood spilling down into the basin.

I scream through my gag and try to break free from my restraints. The two murderers then walk to the next man and repeat they're terrible actions. I scream again when I hear the knife go through the man's throat. I look over at my dad and he tries to break free knowing that my turn will be soon.