Chapter 6: A 'normal' family, my family.

About half an hour has passed and I have gotten off the bus and am making my way towards home, or rather the place where I live. I am now standing before the front gates of our house.

??? - Welcome back young Mistress!!!

A young manservant greets me with a wide smile. He has brown hair, deep, forest green eyes and is tall and pretty muscular. He is the gardener, responsible for everything in the garden and anything that concerns it.

K. - Ryan! Haven't I told you not to address me like that?! Do you want to suffer for the rest of your life?

Ryan is a loyal servant and close friend of my real family, including myself. He is about 5 years older than me and is one of my best friends.

His parents used to work here, and thus, we were always together when we were kids and used to play all the time together.

Then, he started going to school while I had private tutors. He went to college and got a degree on engineering and was scouted by many great companies in the process. He is also good at philosophy and applied mathematics. But, before he completed his studies, his parents passed away and he came to work at our mansion.

He would be considered quite the mastermind were he to take up an offer in the business world. He is quite well educated, but apparently not in the degree he wishes.

I don't want to brag, but I am at a higher level than him. I am not sure how, but I ended up helping him complete his studies by answering any questions he has, explaining things to him more clearly, and helping him practice to keep his mind sharp, while he has my back when I am here.

Everyone here has an incredible talent, but they choose to make use of them here secretly until they have perfected them or for various personal reasons.

For instance, Ryan was left homeless since his parents' house was confiscated to pay off debts and was forced to pause his studies. It was around that time when he came to work for us.

Even though this might seem quite serious on the outside world, there is a variety of people with a far more complicated past and circumstances. The people working here are far from normal actually.

There are assassins, scientists, experianmented humans, and many more kinda of people. There are even some special ones that follow me around because I used to scare off their enemies when I was younger. I suppose they stuck with me since I saved them, to repay me, even though I didn't want any payment.

I don't mind having them around. Although, I have set a few rules. The most crucial one is that they are to stay away from my family. In other words, I have forbidden them to meddle with my family's affairs, unless asked. Since humans can't see them unless wished, they don't cause much trouble. I also have them guard the house from any unexpected and unwanted human guests, if you know what I mean...

Ryan - I know, I know... Either way, welcome back, young Mistress!!!

K. - Ryan, you---

Rn - No, M'lady. I have sworn my alliance to you and the REAL Goldenrose family. Not to them.

K. - You do know that this is not my real surname...

Rn - That does not matter.  Just because your parents had sworn to let you reveal your true surname when the time was right, it does not mean that the fake one is of no importance.

K. - Thank you, Ryan...

Rn - For what???

K - For sticking with me...

Rn - That's what friend do, isn't that right, Katherine?

I smiled widely at him, but I still can't hide the worry and sadness in my eyes. Ryan and the others have brought me over from the brink of death countless times. I have lost count of how many times they have found me bleeding and trying to crawl to my room and helped me. If it weren't for their help, I don't think I would have lasted the way I have now. Ryan easily and smoothly opens the high and majestic metal gate and let's me in.