Alone

*WARNING! This chapter will contain mentions of suicide, self harm and abuse! if you are sensitive to any of these please do not read this, I want you all to be safe and happy! *

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been 4 years, 78 days and 5 hours since Henry left, of course Dave knew this because he'd been keeping track the whole time, he never wanted to forget the man who taught him to dream. The aubergine man slowly sat up and looked at his alarm clock... 3;42am.... he hadn't had a wink of sleep, it had been like this for the past few years although he figured he didn't really need sleep. He was already dead so what did it matter? nothing mattered... he dragged the violet blankets off of him and stepped out of bed, his feet now used to the cold wooden floor after doing this many times. Shuffling down the hallway he swore he could see shadows moving in the corners of his eyes, taunting him, but by now he had learned to ignore them. Opening the rusted door, he stepped into the bathroom, it was a mess for sure but why clean it up? he would just mess it up again....just mess up again...that thought swirled in his head for a while as he picked up a loose razor blade out of the sink. Although this time he hesitated, he started a new job tomorrow...should he hold out in case his boss sees? Ultimately he decided against it, he could just wear long sleeves anyway. Seemingly with no emotion he pressed the blade against his skin and watched as it was slowly dragged down, leaving a trail of purple blood in it's wake. Watching he remembered the first time he did this, it was the first time Henry scolded him...

Henry stared down at the boy as he begged and pleaded for forgiveness "please father! I'm sorry! I won't do it again I promise!", the large pink man turned around and knelt down to the boy "You expect me to forgive you after what you did?!" he hissed. The boy looked up at him dejected, tears streaming from his eyes. spotting a razor on a shelf, the man grabbed it and held it out to the boy "if you expect me to forgive you, you have to prove to me that you can be loyal, understand?" The boy shook his head rapidly and took the razor but stopped confused. Henry took the boys arm and directed his other arm with the razor towards it "I want you to slit your wrist five times. One for each time you disobeyed me today." The aubergine child held back for a moment but complied...

Pulling the blade away from his skin he re-positioned it and traced it back across his arm, he wanted to forget that memory a long time ago... However after pushing that one out of his mind another one entered almost automatically; this time it was a much harsher one, Dave's first ,and last, birthday with Henry...

The boy stared at the cake and present with hungry eyes, he'd never be able to have this if he was still on the streets right now. Sure he was upset that his friend May couldn't come but he knew she had a good reason. Most of the kids he'd met were scared of Henry but he could never figure out why. Henry walked into the room and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder "Happy birthday son" he smirked, he knew William liked to be called son by him. The boy smiled back up at him as Henry handed him a small box. He opened it quickly to reveal a book titled "The Joy Of Creation" he looked down slightly disappointed at the book, an act that caught Henry's eye and sent him into an immediate rage "What! You don't like it boy!?" he snarled, grabbing his bandaged arm tightly, the boy winced and looked up startled "w-what? no I-I love it!" he lied. 

He can only remember things going further south that evening...

He looked at himself now in the mirror, his eyes illuminating his face and reflecting off of the many scars that surrounded his neck and lower jaw. He looked down at his wrist to see that he'd kept going almost unconsciously to create a ladder of dark purple blood trailing up his arm. He decided he was satisfied for tonight and bandaged up his arm. He made his way back to his bedroom and crawled back into bed...maybe he'd be able to get some sleep tonight...