Chapter 14: Is it love?

Start from the beginning

I had no idea where he was taking me, but I didn't ask him anymore about it to keep the suspense.

We went to the more crowded area through his car.

We walked around the city a bit and had some food.

We went to a restaurant and had bulgogi. And then we walked around again.

We even went in front of the park I used to play in.

We were in a quiet neighbourhood now and my house was just a few blocks away...

All of this seemed so familiar to me.

But then I realised....

We were in Seoul, my hometown.

And the sequence in which we were going around was exactly how I roamed around here with my mom every Sunday.

And today was a Sunday.

He re-enacted my childhood as it is, without me even knowing.

I looked at Jungkook after my epiphany and he noticed my gaze.

Jungkook: I guess you've understood where we are.

Y/N: But.... Why?

Jungkook: You looked too upset about your mother's death. And as I can't take you to the cemetery..... I brought you here....

I stopped on my track and so did he.

Tears started streaming down my face.

He did all of this, just to make me feel better. He made me feel like I'm not alone. But why did he do it? Why??

All of this just overwhelmed me so much that....

I did the unexpected.

Jungkook's POV

I looked at Y/N and tears were already streaming down her face.

But then she did some which surprised me...

She ran towards me.... And hugged me really tight.

She didn't wanna let me go.

Y/N: Why!? Why do you have to make me feel like I'm not alone!? Why do you have to make me feel safe!? Why do you have to make it impossible for me...... to not like you!?

It really shocked me....

I asked myself all her questions and all I could find as an answer was.....

Jungkook: It's because of you, Y/N....

That's right. Y/N is the one who made me like this. Her presence made me feel good.

Her presence made me feel like I could change back to myself, the only thing I wanted the most.

I want to know what is this feeling. What is this weird feeling? Is it love? Or something else?

Jungkook: You make me feel the same. You make me feel like I'm not the only one... Your presence is something which makes me feel..... Happy...

Y/N's POV

Hearing those words from his mouth made me happy..... A lot.

I looked at him in the eyes and saw a spark of softness and sincerity in it.

Y/N: Really?

Jungkook: You changed me Y/N.... And that's the only thing I ever wanted. Thank you, Y/N...

I didn't say anything but just hugged him more tightly and he hugged me back.

Again, I had this weird feeling in me.

I don't know how this feeling started but I always felt a tingling feeling when he did something for me....

Like when he slept by my side while holding my hand and when he tried his best to prevent me from fainting...

I wanted to know what this feeling was...

And I remembered what my mom said to me once on a Sunday...

*Flashback*

Young Y/N: Mom! I once read this word in a story book I read! What is the meaning of it?

Mom: What's the word dear?

Y/N: Love~

Mom: Love? Well.... Love is a feeling... A feeling when you start to care for someone.. When you trust that person and when being around him gives you a tingling feeling in your heart...

Y/N: So you also get a tingling feeling when you're around Dad?

My mom looked at me...

Mom: Yes dear~

And walked straight towards our home.

*Flashback ended*

It's love.....

That weird feeling in me is called love.

I looked at Jungkook and our eyes met...

Those eyes were.... Like mine. Full of love.

But....

I'm not sure... Whether he feels the same or not...

After all... I am like his sister...

I broke our hug and looked at him.

Y/N: Thank you, Jungkook. It really helped me.

I forced a smile at him.

Jungkook: Let's just..........go back home....

I nodded and we headed towards his helicopter.

Throughout the helicopter ride, I just thought of how I felt towards Jungkook....

And no matter however I think about it, no matter how much I think about it, the answer's always that........ I love him...

You may think that it is absurd because there hasn't been many connections between us, and so do I...

But even the little moments that I've spent with him has made me realise this fact.

And I can't stop it, even if I want to.... Which I, obviously, don't want.

Jungkook's POV

Y/N..... How do I feel about her?

I can't explain it. It's a weird feeling, very weird....

And I think it's a good one...

Something inside me wants to express it as love...

But I don't even know that, because I've forgotten what exactly is love...

Even if I do love her, it's not a right thing to do.... Because it's not the best thing for her, at all.

But still..... It feels so right....

I want to make it right.... And I'll do it.

I looked at Y/N who was sitting opposite to me and saw that she was looking outside the window, deep in thought.

And then something popped into my mind...

"I hope she feels the same..."

Why I thought that was still a mystery for me...

And then I just shrugged that thought off and just waited for us to get home...

*To be continued*