Oh Calamity!

Monday

Vic's POV

When I walked into school everyone looked at me. I felt even more awkward then I have ever felt in my life. But before I knew it, everyone came up to me.

"Vic. Omg, are you okay?"

"Awww Vic, are you feeling better?"

"Vic! We missed you!"

"I'm so sorry about what happened, I hope you feel better."

"Vic, you're back!"

"How are you feeling?"

The weirdest thing was....it was genuine. It wasn't sarcastic. Mostly girls (and a few guys) huddled around me asking what happened. I explained everything to them and some (girls) gave me hugs and others some threatened the guys that beat me up. A weird feeling churned in my chest. I wasn't used to all this attention, all these people caring about me. I only recognized most of them from my classes and the rest were probably their friends. Either way, they all cared, or did they all pity me? I wasn't sure, but I liked it.

**********************************

Kellin's POV

Something was defiantly different when I got to school on Monday. The group of popukar girls weren't at their usual table, the kids that beat Vic up weren't by the office, the football jocks weren't by the field. Everyone seemed to be huddled up in one part of the school. People were whispering at each other and few glanced looks at me. I was used to it, but it still doesn't feel good when you see people talking shit about you. Soon enough, I noticed that everyone wasn't talking about me and what the commotion was all about. Vic.

Apparently after he got beat up, everyone felt bad for "poor ol' new kid" when they probably didn't actually give a shit before. All the girls felt bad and cooed him with get wells. Even the populars. Then the populars' boyfriends starting befriending Vic and defending him. People only start caring about you when you're injuring, dying, or dead. I knew this wasn't real friendship. The worst part is, Vic was having a fun time with the populars. Smiling and laughing at their jokes. Completely comfortable, just like he is with me. I couldn't let them take him. I had to find a way to get Vic back to me. He's mine.

I clenched my fists and walked off looking for someone, anyone, that could get my mind off of this. I needed to think of something quick, before I loose the only person I have. Loosing Mrs. Morros was hard enough on me, now Vic, I couldn't handle it. I felt like my life was slipping out of my hands and I was holding on by the last string. I prayed that the string wouldn't break. I needed Vic. He was the only thing keeping me alive right about now.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Jaime, Tony, Justin, and Jesse for a while. They probably forgot about me. For the last two weeks, I didn't eat lunch at school. I stayed in the library doing homework so when school ended, I could go to Vic's house and hang out with him and show him the work he missed. I wasn't an A+ student, but I did decently in school. But me and Vic never talked about homework. We laughed till it hurt and talked till we were interrupted and sleep till sunrise. It almost seemed perfect. Till school started once more and Vic came back as a whole new guy. I was furious, head to toe. They were turning Vic into one of them. The jocks, the populars, the bullies. I couldn't take this. I wanted to break down and cry, but I couldn't. Because I'm at this hellhole of a school. I didn't care much about my future, except that it's getting out of highschool and being with Vic.

*******************************

Vic's POV

Kellin had warned me about these people. The so called populars. Yet, I didn't see anything wrong with them. They were nice to me. My mind was in argue though. Half of me believed that they were honest and that they actually wanted to be friends with me. The other half believed that they were tricking me only to humiliate me later on. Or so they could beat me up later. I wasn't quite sure what to believe, so I stayed positive and kept with the friendship side. This was my only chance in making it. My whole life, I had beaten and broken and sewn up again only to be broken again. I was lied to, made fun of- an outsider. And finally, I had joined the inside. It was different. Everyone wanted to talk to you. I was awfully shy at first, but I convinced myself to let go, as if it were my own brother (who apologized to me yesterday after he found his stupid ass hat). I didn't go full-blown personality though. I was myself, but not my whole self. I still left some quiet Vic in there for a sense or mystery. Such as- if you want to know how I really am, you have to get the time to get to know me. I was just playing myself safe. Just in case, they were being fake to me. For the most part though, I didn't notice any signs of fakeness (is that a word?), but then again what are the signs of it?

I was risking it pretty big here. I could be humiliated in front of everyone or be friends with a bunch of new people. The bell to first period rang and I walked with a girl named Emily. She had straight short brown hair and light brown eyes. Pretty, but not my type. She was energetic and flirtatious, which kind of annoyed me. Obviously, I didn't mention it, I just acted normally with her. When I walked in the class, I noticed Jake and his friends weren't there. Someone told me that they were suspended for a month. For now at least. The school claims that they weren't completely sure of the punishment. Which really pissed me off.

I also noticed that Kellin didn't even looked at me. I sat next to him and tilted my head to try to get his attention. "Hey Kells." I said and smiled lightly.

He glanced over with the corner of his eye. "Hi,"

I wondered if he was ok. He looked down. At the same time, he looked frustrated, stressed, annoyed. I would find out later. Kellin told me everything. At least, I hope he did. The further into the period, the more woried I got about Kellin. He didn't look up from his notebook. I couldn't even see those musky green eyes that I adored once. Something was very wrong and very bad. I thought would be a good day at first, but things took an unexpected turn.

-

        In drama, I didn't have to make up any work, including the presentation (which I had no clue what Kellin did). So I just started on our new project. We had to create a script with 10 people. That meant 3 groups of 10 total. I looked around the room. Kellin and.... Well that's it. I needed 8 more people. Shit. So when our drama teacher dismissed the class and told us to find our groups, I went over to Kellin. I saw a few familiar faces on people who talked to me this morning walk over to me. They weren't 'popular' but pretty well known around school. They asked to join our group. I looked at Kellin for permission and he just shrugged. I smiled up at the people. "Sure,"

Our group consisted of 4 boys and 6 girls. Me, Kellin, Neil, Austin, Jenna, Hannah, Katelynn, Danielle, Jessica,  and Sara. I talked a bit with them and tried talking to Kellin, but he always replied with short answers, or simply no answer at all.

        Things weren't much different at lunch. I tried and tried and tried to get something out of Kellin. But still mysterious answers and bland. That was it. I couldn't stand it anymore. "What is wrong with you?" I whispered at him. He glared up shocked at me and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could reply, Austin approached me. 

"Hey Vic, I finally found ya. You wanna sit with me and Oli and Hannah?"

I stared at Kellin and then looked back at Austin with a sly smile. "Sure." I got my stuff and left. If he wouldn't tell me, he'd have to chase after me. Two can play at this game.....