Stay Away From My Friends

Vic's P.O.V.

"Wait, wait, wait. Kellin Quinn? Blackish hair, green eyes, always wears black?"

I nodded. "Yeah that's him."

"Dude, yeah he's totally gay." Mike laughed.

"How would you know?" I got slightly offended since many people these days were said to be gay, but they really weren't. That's happened to me.

"Because I know these things. All the sophomores and juniors say he's gay."

"He doesn't act gay"

"Well he is."

"How do you know they're right?"

"They said he always flirts with dudes and he's dated a guy last year." He lifted a brow.

"Who?"

"Why do you want to know? Do you like him?"

"No Mike, I'm not gay. I just wanted to know." I defended myself. I've never really had a crush before. Towards either gender.

"Uhm, he dated some guy named Gabe, but he committed suicide." Mike shuffled around uncomfortably.

"Why?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"I'm just curious. You said that you'd tell me everything there is to know." I twisted my mouth into the smallest smirk.

"Ugh, fine. I really don't know why he killed himself, probably because of bullying. All those kids are suicidal and cutters and stuff. I don't think I want you around them." My little brother telling me who I should and shouldn't hang out with. What a disappointing life. I wasn't going to listen to him though, who was he to say?

"They're better than your friends."

Mike scoffed. "How?"

"As if I don't know Mike, you talk as if I don't sit with you." I sassed him.

"Don't know what?"

"Your weed and shit."

"Dude keep your voice down, Mama can't know about my drugs."

"I'm not going to tell Mama, dumbass." I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks." He said.

I nodded and didn't continue the conversation. But I stayed in Mike's room, sitting on the edge of the bed as he lay there.

"So uh, Seth called me the other day."

I stiffened. The flood of memories came back to me. Yet I pushed it aside since I didn't want to upset Mike.

"Oh really? What'd he say?" I looked at him.

"He forgot why we fought and asked to be friends again."

"Huh. What'd you say?"

"I told him to fuck off and burn in hell," Mike laughed and I smiled slightly. It was pretty mean, yet I couldn't help but feel happy at the thought of my brother not being his friend anymore.

"Then I hung up,"

"Wow. I'm glad you're not friends anymore, honestly."

He shrugged. "Not all friendships are meant to be, Vic." It was odd for Mike to say something that could be taken as a life lesson. He usually would tell me to meet his weed-smoking friends, but this time it was almost like a warning.

I stood up and left the room on that hand.

********************************

The next day, when I got to second period, Kellin and I talked a lot. Mostly about bands and we got to know each other's favorite songs and things. He was really nice. I thought about what Mike had said about Kellin being gay. I really couldn't tell, but I didn't know how he acted around other friends. He asked why I didn't sit with him at lunch yesterday. I told him I didn't know if I could. He just rolled his eyes at me.