The Village Bloodbath

A/N hey guys hope u like my story it's the first story I've ever posted online thx 4 taking time out of your day to read my story cause I know you could be watching TV or playing Minecraft or fortnite so thx.

           oh also y/n means your name.

I grabbed Yugi's hand dragging him behind me as we ran behind the neighborhood houses. We were scared as we heard the screams of the people who have fallen victim to the vampire's bloodlust.

I heard the sound of leaves slowly crunching behind us and so did Yugi. We glanced behind us and saw a silhouette not much taller than us. 

We ran until we reached the forest but I knew the vampire was still there. I grabbed Yugi and ducked behind a rock, we were on a steep hill and I had to cover Yugi's mouth or his heavy breathing would give us away.

"Come out little ones".

We froze he sounded so close, but if we made any sudden movement we would slip and fall down the hill. 

We heard the sound of twigs breaking and suddenly we saw him, but I could only sneak a quick peek because suddenly Yugi tripped and I had to grab him.

I totally forgot about the monster in front of me as I helped Yugi regain his footing, but as soon as he did, he started running down the hill. That's when I remembered the vampire.

"You didn't forget about me, did you".

His tone was deep and confident but would strike fear in any human, I carefully ran down the hill so that I wouldn't trip.

I eventually caught up with Yugi and we ran into a cave. I struggled to push a boulder but after a little of Yugi's help, it eventually blocked the entrance of the cave, leaving a tiny crack so that we could tell when it was morning.

Fortunately, we ran into a cave where I keep my camping supplies. I went to the back and felt around for a familiar leather backpack as it was too dark to see anything. 

"Why? Why is this happening?".

Yugi's voice echoed in the cave, I found my backpack and went over to sit next to him.

"Don't worry we'll survive this Yugi, trust me".

He looked at me with the saddest eyes, we had just lost everything our village, friends, and family but we still had a chance to survive. 

"How d-do you k-know? They could g-get us t-tomorrow or right n-now".

Tears were flowing down like streams and he was sniffling. I sighed taking flint and steel from the bag lighting a fire and grabbing some leaves from the entrance of the cave for the fire.

"We need to think positive now Yugi okay?".

He nodded, drying his tears. 

"So no more sad thoughts okay!".

I sat back next to him and gave him a hug, I was so glad I was able to save him. My only friend. 

I grabbed some marshmallows from the bag and Yugi looked at me suspiciously.

"Don't worry they're still good, the last time I went camping was like two days ago".

I put the bag between us and I gave him a stick from my bag.

As we were roasting our marshmallows Yugi sat closer to me and I gave him a warm smile, he gave a forced smile in return.

'He must be really sad, I have to protect him, he's the only thing I have left'.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I smelled something burning, 

"WAAAAAH".

Yugi threw the flaming marshmallow deeper into the cave, I sighed and held my marshmallow out for him.

"I can't take that Y/N you have to eat".

He pushed my hand away but I kept reaching out for him.

"You need to eat too".

I tried to make him eat it but he covered his mouth.

"You've left me no choice".

"What do you- UWAAA".

I tackled him pinning him beneath me as I put the marshmallow in his mouth.

"Eat. It.".

He accepted defeat, eating the marshmallow and started turning bright red. I wondered why until I realized I was still on top of him I quickly got up grabbing the sleeping bags in my backpack.

I threw one at him but regretted it when he ducked and it landed on the fire.

"Oops, sorry Y/N💧".

"It's okay".

I clenched teeth but then took a deep breath calming myself down, I looked at my large sleeping bag and then over at Yugi.

"We can share mine".

He blushed lightly and I got into the sleeping bag followed by him, I was able to get comfortable after a while and was able to go to sleep.

I woke up before Yugi since I'm used to waking up early, I had to stay strong for him.

But I couldn't believe all my friends, my mom and dad they're gone, I looked at the burnt-out fire and what remains of his sleeping bag.

I walked over to him and shook him awake, we needed to get out of the forest, and even though it's daytime the vampires can hide in the shadows created by the trees, so we needed to move fast.

"C'mon Yugi, wake up!💢".

He finally got up rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"We gotta go".

"Where?".

He said, giving me a confused look.

"My family has a cottage a short distance from here, but it will have plenty of resources for us to survive".

I reached my hand out to him and helped him up, I grabbed a map from my bag that marked all my camping spots along with the cottage.

I pushed the rock away from the entrance causing a flood of daylight to enter the cave temporarily blinding us.

Thx 4 reading my story OK byeeee