Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - I’m All Mixed Up

Kellin doesn’t stay for conversation, instead disappearing and returning a few minutes later wearing the clothes I’m used to seeing him in: a black band t-shirt, black jeans, and Toms. But even after that, he doesn’t talk to me at all, but I guess I can’t really expect a stripper to make small talk with the person they just performed for. He does socialize with other people, though, even drinking a little bit. He and I both end up hanging out upstairs, me with Jaime, Tony, and Mike, him with some other people.

I’m still reeling from what just happened, trying to make sense of my own thought process. I’ve come to the conclusion that as soon as Kellin walked onstage, I started thinking not with my head but with my dick. For whatever reason, seeing him like that turned me on, and in that moment it seemed all my morals and values had been forgotten. All I knew was that I wanted him, and I didn’t care about anything else. Why did I do it? Why did I come so undone at the sight of him dancing for me?

Of course, that’s a stupid question, and I already know the answer to it. It’s because it was Kellin.

I’ve tried to tell myself that my crush on him isn’t too intense, that I can turn those feelings off whenever I want and it won’t be that hard, but now I know how wrong I was. I just let him strip for me. I never would’ve let anyone else do that, but maybe the opportunity to see Kellin mostly naked was just too good to resist. But since when do I care about seeing him naked? I’ve never thought of him that way before.

If anybody heard my thoughts right now, they’d probably tell me to get over it and stop being such a prude. But they don’t understand. That isn’t responsible, being involved with someone like him. It isn’t good. It isn’t right. Am I the only person who knows the difference between right and wrong anymore?

I snap out of my daze when Tony taps me on the shoulder—we’re both sitting on the couch. “You gonna go over there and defend your territory?” he asks, pointing to one corner of the room a few feet away from us. Leaning against the wall is Kellin himself, that smirk back on his face, but it’s not directed at me. It’s directed at the guy he’s talking to, who seems a little too close to him.

"It’s not like he’s my boyfriend or anything," I reply, trying to ignore my sudden jealousy. "He can talk to whoever he wants."

Tony raises an eyebrow at me. “Vic, I’m not exactly an expert on these types of things, but it kind of looks like he’s flirting with that dude.”

I scowl as I watch them. Tony’s right—Kellin looks sly, shifting his body closer to the other guy’s and staring at him with this look in his eyes, even running his fingers lightly across the guy’s forearm at one point. They are definitely too close together for this to just be casual conversation. Kellin seems like he’s enjoying it, too.

"So what if he’s flirting?" I say finally, clenching my jaw. "Like I said, he’s not my boyfriend. He can flirt with whoever he wants. I don’t care."

Tony snorts. “Okay, whatever you say.” We both know that I care more than I’d like to admit.

The jealousy just builds up as I watch them. I can’t help but picture myself walking over there and pinning Kellin against the wall, kissing him roughly to let everyone know that he’s mine. But he’s not mine, and I shouldn’t want him to be mine. Easier said than done.

After what feels like hours but in reality is probably only a couple minutes, Kellin takes the guy by the hand, and even from here, I can see the mischievous twinkle in his eyes. The guy complies, leading Kellin slightly unsteadily over to the stairs.