Chapter 9

this was supposed to be updated a week ago omfg I’m so sorry I got so focused on the Christmas stuff pls forgive me

also thanks for 1K votes!! I can't believe this got so popular. *Alex Gaskarth voice* you're all sexual deviants

Chapter 9 - I Could Get Used to This

“She said to get your filthy hands off of her.”

Kellin’s voice is harsh and angry, and the girl’s attacker takes a step back. His nose is bleeding from the punch, and he looks slightly disoriented. “Fuck off, man,” he says. “Just trying to have a little fun. The bitch probably liked it.” He doesn’t try to go after her again, though; he’s probably realized that it’d be too difficult with a pissed-off Kellin standing in front of her.

"Get out of here," Kellin snaps. "Now."

The guy rolls his eyes. “You don’t scare me. She’s just not worth all this shit.” With that, he storms away, down the alley. I don’t think any of us relax until he has completely rounded the corner.

"Thanks," the girl says, sighing and folding her arms across her chest as she leans against the wall. "I was trying to fight him off, but he just…" She shrugs. "Yeah. Thank you."

"No problem," Kellin replies, still looking fairly pissed.

"Why’d you do that, anyways?" she asks.

"Because I know what that’s like," Kellin says. "Believe me. I know."

I take a step closer and wrap my arm protectively around his waist. I have to say—I really respect him for what he just did, sticking up for this girl. It makes me think that our values might not be so different after all. Sure, he likes a lot of sex, but it’s always consensual. The things he said earlier, about wanting to be in control, just prove it even more. Considering all the harassment he most likely deals with on a weekly basis, of course he’d defend someone held against their will.

"I’m Kellin, by the way," he adds, snapping me out of my thoughts. He gestures to me. "And this is Vic, my…boyfriend-type-thing."

The girl laughs a little. “‘Type-thing.’ I’m guessing it’s a bit complicated. Hi. I’m Tay.” I give her brownie points for not mentioning the fact that we’re boyfriends.

"Hi," Kellin says, suddenly a bit more shy now that the initial situation has passed.

"So, what are you guys up to?" Tay says, thankfully keeping the conversation going.

"I took Kellin on a date because his parents were being dumb," I state plainly, and Kellin laughs at my choice of words.

"Parents do have a tendency to be dumb," Tay agrees. "I was just about to go into that bar and drink a little bit." She points at a bar down the street, near where I parked the car. "Or maybe I’ll go into a different one. Do you guys know of any gay bars? And if so, do they happen to include gay women, or are they exclusively male?"

"I know a couple," Kellin says, "but they’re both strip clubs." He winks at me. "Plus, they’re mainly for dudes. Though my friend Gerard does make a pretty good woman. I do, too, actually."

"Who says?" I tease.

"I do," Kellin replies. "Plus, lots of other people. And if you don’t think I do, I can give you a repeat of your little birthday present to maybe change your mind." He raises his eyebrows suggestively.

Tay laughs. “Do I even want to know what’s going on in this conversation?”

"No," I say, grinning, at the same time that Kellin says, "Abso-fucking-lutely."