3.

There was a space between us.

I felt it but I couldn't see it because my eyes were closed. My thoughts took me to the moment this all began. I've been thinking of this more lately while deciding on finally telling her the truth.

"Taehyung, what's the matter?"

I heard Jimin's whispered question but I was too lost in myself to answer. Hoseok hyung was talking about our newest dance routines now that practice is over and we're in discussion.

I appeared focused but I was far away.

I wasn't myself today. Work seemed more like a drill and I was suffocated. I tried to sort these feelings out of me because I felt guilty in this thinking and it wasn't about work at all.

It was me.

I met this...mmm beautiful girl. Foreign girl. She was in my favorite jewelry store getting a birthday gift for her dad. She had the kindest eyes and she spoke in my language clear and precise. I couldn't keep my eyes off her and the way she stared back at me was...refreshing. She had no clue who I was and I don't remember the last time someone looked at me as just stranger, Kim Taehyung.

She spent her time with me because I didn't want her to leave me. She did not know me and yet she treated me as if I was a long time friend. She talked with me. She laughed with me. She made me forget everything that was happening around us and my focus was all her. Right now I'm missing her. I'm missing the way she made me feel and I want that way again.

I looked over to Jimin who was still waiting for me to answer but I shook my head to him and dismissed him. I can see his worry but I do not want to be the cause of it.

Instead of riding back with the others, I took a separate car and asked the driver to take me to an address that I've been holding in my memory for days. She allowed me to take her home after our meeting and made a promise to myself to never forget this.

As the driver slowed and parked in front of the building, one hand clutched my heart while the other held my stomach. What will she think of me showing up at this hour? I am sure to be hit with rejection and a call from the police but this is something I need to do. It's a chance I will take.

Leaving the car and arriving at her door was a blur. I noticed the peephole and stared into it but it only made me more afraid so I covered it with my finger before I pressed the doorbell.

"Who is it?" I heard her ask.

What if she was not alone? What if she had already found someone else since we last saw each other? I had her number but never called. What if she had forgotten about me?

Suddenly there was a silence.

"Tell me who are." She spoke again. Her voice was different. It sounded almost afraid. The last thing I wanted to do was scare her.

"S-Shae?" My heart raced even faster.

The locks became undone and she opened the door in a hurry. Her eyes wandered mine with...worry. It made me wonder what she saw in me to react this way.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

My eyes fell between us as I tried to speak. I knew what I wanted but I didn't know how she would take me or if she would even want the same. Why would she waste time on me? I'm already lying to her because I never told her who I really was. She will hate me and it's my fault.

A mask started to form on my face and I'm hidden.

"Would you like to come in?" She spoke softly, melting my heart in the process.

She's an angel and I feel I will ruin her.

I didn't hesitate to walk inside. Her apartment is very nice and clean. Something sweet and fragrant was in the air and distracted me for a minute until I heard the door close behind me.

My mind was messy again and she was in all of it. No matter the problem, the answer was always the same.

I need her.

She wandered next to me quietly. I turned to her observing the uncertainty in her eyes. She didn't know what to think and I know the way I stared at her made her nervous.

I took her in my arms and she didn't push me away. I didn't speak a word to her. There was no romantic words or gestures. I just stared to her, leaned in and kissed her.

My mind was even more of a mess after the taste of her lips. She quickly became a craving and I was sinking into her.

My eyes opened and I saw the space between us. Unsatisfied, I pulled her close to me and whispered to her.

"Don't move." I told her before my face rested against her and I squeezed her tighter.

The rain began again and I closed my eyes as I cuddled with her.

She was my comfort and I only hope she will remained to be after the truth.

+++🌹💋clw