VIX

The elevator doors closed and as they walked, Teresa said, "Thomas, you have to listen to me. Getting that serum won't save Newt. It might buy him some time, but..."

"Just ignore her." Newt said. "She's trying to get inside your head."

Teresa decided to try the girl. "Ariella, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying. The world is dying. There's something about your blood, and Thomas's, I don't understand."

They got to a door that said AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. "Open it." Thomas demanded.

Teresa opened the door and said, "If you two let me run some tests...I promise I can protect both of you."

Thomas took off his helmet. "Yeah? Like you protected Minho?"

Newt placed a hand on Thomas's shoulder. "What are you doing?"

Thomas ignored his friend. "How many people is it gonna take? How many more people do they have to round up, torture, kill? Huh? When the hell does it stop?"

"It stops when we find a cure." Teresa replied.

"There is no goddamn cure!"

"I wish there was, but there's not!" Ariella said.

"Don't waste your breath, Teresa." Janson told her, walking up. "They made their choice long ago."

Instantly, guns were raised by Thomas, Janson, and Ariella. "Drop it, kids!" A guard yelled from their right.

Thomas grabbed Teresa and placed an arm around her neck before raising the gun to her head. "Back up. Tell them to back off. Tell them to back off!"

Ariella kept her gun pointed at Janson. "You best listen. I might fire if I'm pissed off, and I'm pretty pissed off right now."

"Hey, Thomas, Ariella, come on." Janson said. "It's me. I've known you two longer than you can remember. You're not gonna shoot her or me."

"You don't think so?" Thomas asked, raising the gun back to Teresa's head. "You don't think Ariella will shoot you?"

"Okay." Janson nodded, putting his gun down. "Go on then. Shoot her. Shoot me. Prove me wrong. Shoot her. Shoot me."

Teresa pushed out of Thomas's grasp and thrust the boys in. Thomas grabbed Ariella's hand, and she smacked into his chest. Teresa sealed them behind a safety door.

"Clear! Clear!" Janson cried, shooting at the door.

They looked at her before walking off. Janson turned to Teresa. "Your story better be good."

"I did you a favor. Doors are sealed. They can't get out. Janson, I need them alive."

She walked off and pulled two pieces of gauze from her pockets. One contained Thomas's blood, and the other contained Ariella's.