IV

They made their way into outside of the city and bunched together. It was crowded and rundown; but a lot better than the rubbled cities they'd seen on their way from the Scorch.

"This place has really gone through hell." Jorge said.

"We just gotta stay together." Thomas said, tightening his grip on Ariella's hand.

"We are the voice of the voiceless!" A guy in a car said. "They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch us wither and rot! But there are more of us than there are of them. And I say we rise up and take back what is ours! Let's bring back a victory!"

Unbeknownst to Thomas and Ariella, the trackers in their necks were lighting up, revealing their location.

Thomas noticed the wall and said, "That's it. That's our way in."

The crowd was cheering, "let us in," over and over.

"Thomas! Ariella!" Jorge said. "This is not what you're looking for. All these people trying to find their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?"

"Cam this far." Thomas said. "Besides; we have her daughter." He didn't trust anyone around them to reveal that Ariella was the Chancellor's daughter. "I'm not turning back now."

They continued walking closer to the wall and Frypan asked, "What the hell did we get ourselves into?"

Jorge shook his head. "Thomas, Ariella, this doesn't feel right."

Newt and Brenda caught up to the others and Newt placed a hand on Thomas's shoulder. "Hey, guys, we gotta go now. Look."

They saw soldiers with gas masks and guns walking up to them. A sound from the wall hushed the crowd. Huge guns turned and Frypan said, "Thomas, Ariella, let's go."

The guns fired and they ran as fast as they could.

They dodged bullets and ran down an alleyway. Thomas, Brenda, and Ariella were trailing behind the others, and an explosion occurred outside the alley, and they pressed against the wall. Since Ariella was in front of Thomas, he shielded her.

When they exited the alleyway, they were thrust into a dusty blue van. "Get your hands off of me!" Ariella shrieked.

The van spend off and three guys in camo and gas masks stared at them intimidatingly.

The car stopped and the back was opened. They climbed out and the instant Jorge got out of his van, he started punching one of the guys asking where Brenda was.

Brenda said, "I'm right here. I'm right here!" Jorge calmed down.

One guy, who was obviously the leader, said, "Everybody relax. We're all on the same side here."

"What do you mean same side?" Thomas asked angrily.

"Who the hell are you?" Ariella asked.

The kid took off his mask. "Hey, Greenie. Hey, Greenbean."

"Gally?" The two asked in disbelief.

Thomas lunged at Gally and pushed him to the ground readying to punch. Newt ran up to him and said, "Fry, hold Ari back. Stop."

"He killed Chuck." Thomas said.

"Yeah, I know. I remember. I was there too, alright? But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down. Alright? Come on."

"Kind of had that coming." Gally said.

Ariella spit towards him and hissed, "Slinthead."

"Had that coming too. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?"

"Do you know this guy?" Jorge asked from behind Frypan.

"He was an old friend." Fry replied. He glanced down at Ariella. "Are you gonna go berserk?"

She shook her head and Fry released her as Newt asked, "How? How is this possible? We watched you die."

"No, you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now."

"I suppose you're expecting a chorus of thank yous." Ariella scoffed.

"No." Gally answered, seeing how close she was standing to Thomas. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho." Newt said. "WICKED has him here. We're looking for a way in."

Gally nodded. "I can help with that. Can she be trusted?"

He pointed at Ariella and Newt nodded. "She's against Ava Paige and WICKED 100%."

"Good. Follow me." Gally instructed.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Thomas said.

"Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls."

Newt and Thomas exchanged a silent look and decided it was better to follow Gally. If he could get them inside, he was their best option.