"You take care of yourself, Isiah," Malcolm patted Isiah's back when he had finally composed himself, "stay in touch, I want to see pictures of that beautiful baby girl," Malcolm exited the room, carrying his briefcase, striding out the front door of the courthouse.

"Congratulations, Mr Reed," one of the security guards smiled pleasantly at Malcolm as he removed the two silver bracelets from around his wrists, a shiver rolling down his spine as he felt the power flow back into his veins.

"Thank you, Rick," Malcolm passed the two bracelets to Rick, who placed them in the lead-lined box that always remained there in his little booth. Malcolm was used to the segregation he received in his job, used to the precautions the government had to go through to keep the cases he reviewed completely unbiased and fair. He was used to the speculation of his altering evidence or placing curses on witnesses, it was a constant that he had come to expect. It barely even registered in his mind anymore. However, one aspect of his job that did irritate him was the press. Vultures.

"Mr Reed! Mr Reed! How do you feel about yet another success in the courtroom?!" one of the women in the crowd shouted, thrusting a microphone under Malcolm's nose. Deep breaths, big smiles, empathise, just another mantra Malcolm had to recite daily.

"Glad, of course, my client was found innocent, I could ask for no more," Malcolm may have disliked the press but that didn't mean he hadn't perfected how to talk to them. He had to keep his reputation alive after all.

"And what will be done about the false allegation against your client?" another reporter chimed in whilst others tried to push forward their questions and scrawl down whatever Malcolm said.

"That is up to my client. Should he want to prosecute, I will be happy to represent, but I don't believe he will. Quite often in these circumstances, people just want to get on with their lives, not spend more time in court."

"What is your opinion on these types of cases, Mr Reed?" a much younger looking woman stepped forward, her dark red eyes behind her glasses catching Malcolm's attention almost as much as her sly little smirk.

"They aren't a favourite of mine, however, they are common. The SN community is bombarded daily with allegations like this by heinous individuals who wish us harm. Quite frankly, it repulses me. I myself have been the topic of discussion in many rumours and I've been attacked in the streets before. It isn't a fun life to lead. We're just trying to live in peace, yes there may be individuals who wish to live otherwise but not all of us represent that type of cause," Malcolm sighed, checking his watch, "if you would excuse me, I have to get back to my office."

The crowd parted to allow Malcolm to pass through, walking to his car with, thankfully, no more interruptions. The drive from the courthouse back to the central office Malcolm worked in was too far, although he did manage to get stuck in rush hour traffic. Just his luck as usual. Parking around the back, Malcolm avoided many of the reporters and staff in the lobby by using the service stairs. He simply didn't have time to stand and chat for hours, he was a busy man.

"Speak of the devil," Malcolm cursed under his breath, having thought he had managed to slip past Reivon's spectacular hearing, "you know the drill, Mal, march that pretty ass in here and tell us the good news."

"I'll be at Ari's tonight, Rei, can't this wait?" Malcolm grumbled, spinning on his heel and walking through the door he had practically sprinted past. Inside the meeting room sat Slate and Arian, clearly having been in a somewhat important discussion.

"Two little words, Mal, it won't take you long if you don't protest," Slate grinned, leaning back in his seat, "why do you have to avoid celebration all the time? Don't tell us it's bad news?" Malcolm couldn't help but smile, rolling his eyes.