part 20

When the episode of friends had ended, Yoongi switched the side light off, leaving you both in ominous darkness
You felt time passing but simultaneously felt as though minutes had gone by since Yoongi had switched the lights off
"Yoongi?" You asked, not expecting an answer, but he did hum in response.
"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" You asked apologetically.
"No I can't get to sleep," he mumbled.
"Me neither," you confessed.
There was a pause before Yoongi asked, "A lot on your mind?"
You hesitated before replying, "Yeah sort of. You?"
"Same here," he answered. "Want to talk about it?"
"Yeah," you replied honestly, and he switched the side light back on again.
You rubbed your eyes as you sat up from lying position, your eyes adjusting to the sudden change in brightness.
"What's on your mind?" Yoongi asked as he did the same as you.
"You go first," you challenged.
"I asked first," he smirked, still teasing even when tired.
"I just...I don't know what I'm doing here Yoongs."
"Here as in...on the planet or here as in at my house?" He asked, seeking clarification.
You chuckled, looking at him through your eyelashes, "I mean at your house. I feel like I'm torturing you."
His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean? I just told you, I love it when you're around."
"I know...but we both like each other," you try to say without blushing, "and yet..."
"We're not..doing stuff?" He tried to fill in the blank.
"Yeah, like we're acting like we were when we were just friends."
"Well...it's just the last time we did, it kind of scared you away and..I don't want you to leave again," he said, which melted your heart a little.
"Oh Yoongs, I'm sorry. It's just...I don't want things to change. I don't want to lose you..."
"Ahh (Y/N)," he started, "We've been over this, you're not going to lose me! It's just unfortunate the two guys you've been with turned out to be pr*cks. It's not because you made them that way, you just hadn't gotten to know them before you dated them. But with me, we've been friends for years! And you know the best and worst of me, the ins and outs, so you have nothing to worry about."
You sighed, "You're right." You sat there, staring into the distance, not feeling relief from his accurate sentence.
"There's still something holding you back though, isn't there?" He deduced.
You closed your eyes and covered your face, nodding through your hands.
"It's just that...we work together. How awkward would it be if we didn't work it but still had to see each other? And besides...if we did end up..together...we wouldn't get any work done cause we'd be so distracted with..other things."
He laughed, "(Y/N), you've thought about this kind of thing haven't you?" You blushed and tried to hide it from him, embarrassed of those imaginary scenarios you had played in your head while working next to him.
"To be honest, that's something holding me back too. If we did end up together...it would be hard to separate work life and our personal life.." he hesitated.
You sighed and said, "So we're both thinking the same thing. We shouldn't be together should we," You concluded.
He sighed, "At least not for now. But..maybe one day (Y/N), one day."
You sighed and nodded, looking at him from across the sofa, never before wanting to hold anyone as close as you wanted to hold Yoongi. He smiled back at you, sadness outlining his smirk.
"Can we at least have one last cuddle tonight?" You asked, your voice quieter than the sound of a pin dropping.
He chuckled and said, "Honestly, I'd love nothing more."
He came over to your side and pulled you onto his chest so you were atop of him, but being held tightly to his chest so you could smell his natural scent that made you want him so much more, making this reality so much harder.
The morning came far quicker than you wanted to, but when you woke, Yoongi was nowhere to be seen.
You wondered where he was and checked your phone to see the time. You had two hours before you had to be at work so you should be getting up now.
The door opened and your attention flicked to the adorable boy stood there with a tray of eggs, toast and orange juice.
You smiled at the delightful view as he mumbled, "morning," with a mouth full of toast.
You chuckled and put your hand over your mouth, "you are precious," you told him.
"Well if you can't be my girlfriend, at least I can be a good friend," he explained, making you both chuckle. "But tell any of the members that this is what I do for you and things might change."
"Don't worry Yoongs, I won't let anyone know that AgustD is actually a sweetheart."
You both arrived at work right on time, you would have been early had you not stopped for a drivethru Starbucks on the way.
When you got into the office, you headed for the studio with Yoongi. "Don't you have dance practice again today?"
"I don't start til 10 so I have at least an hour to annoy you while you try and work in here," he explained and you smiled incredulously at him.
"Alright, if that's how you want to spend your time," you laughed, logging onto your Mac.
As you opened up your emails and read a couple, you felt his eyes on you so you looked sideways and said, "Seriously, do you mind?"
He smirked, "No you go ahead. I'm great."
You rolled your eyes and scoffed but you couldn't hide your smile as you focused back to your emails.
There was one that caught you attention as it was sent from Bang Si-Hyuk directly and was only sent to you. It told you to see him in his office before 10:30 this morning and panic rushed through you.
"What's wrong?" Yoongi noticed.
"Bang PD wants to see me personally before 10:30."
"What about?" He asked again.
"He didn't say, but I assume it's my poor attendance last week. Oh god Yoongi, I hope he's not mad," you put your hands on your cheek as you worried.
"It's alright, don't worry. Just explain you were dealing with personal issues and he'll understand," Yoongi suggested. You just hummed in acknowlegdement.
"Go see him now, get it over with and you won't have to worry for too long."
You nodded and stood up from your chair, "Okay. Wish me luck!"
"You don't need it, you'll be fine," he said, smiling at you as you nervously walked out to find your manager and CEO of the company.
When you knocked on his door he invited you in and seemed happy to see you.
"Why are you nervous?" He asked, noticing your fidgeting and biting nails.
"Ahh, honestly I feel like I'm going to get fired!" You confessed, chuckling nervously.
He frowned, "(Y/N), I wouldn't do that to you, you're one of my best employees. You helped make BTS, I couldn't just drop you now!"
You exhaled a sigh of relief, "oh okay! So is there something you wanted to talk about?" "Yes actually. Your tracks that you sent me as ideas for TXT, in particular."
Your eyebrows raised as you realised why you were here, "Oh I'm sorry about those PD-nim, honestly I was just brainstorming ideas and-"
"No, (Y/N), you misunderstand me. The sound was perfect, you perfectly captured the youthful innocence that we want TXT to be about. You sent so many great ideas that we want to use!"
You gasped, "Really?!" And he nodded, happy to see your surprise. "Thank you so much sir!"
"There's more, I have a job prospect for you. How would you feel about being the Chief Producing Director of TXT?" Your jaw dropped. "You would be in charge of TXT's sound in general and have more opportunities to explore with lyrics."
You shook your head, "Is this a dream?!"
He laughed, "Your wage would obviously be increased as you'd have more jobs and responsibilities, but you would no longer be a full time producer for BTS, but that's not to say you couldn't help out on tracks now and then if you want to."
"That...sounds awesome sir!" You said, speechlessness overtaking you.
He laughed, "great, I'll email you the details and paperwork!"
You smiled and shook his hand, thanking him as you left.
When you got back to the studio, Yoongi was already gone to dance practice so you had no one to tell about your news.
He didn't get back until lunchtime and when he did, you couldn't help but smile widely."What?" He asked confused.
You chuckled, "It's nothing. Come on, let's get some lunch."
You were walking through the square near your building as you decided what you wanted to get for lunch. As you walked all you wanted to do was take his hand, but you still wanted to surprise him.
You decided you wanted burritos so you both got some and you directed Yoongi to sit by the fountains.
You tucked into your burrito as you asked him how his dance practice went and he told you about Hoseok's funny sound effects while dancing.
"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" He laughed.
"Oh sorry, I'm just a bit in the air," you explained.
"Want to talk about anything?" He asked, reading you completely.
"No no it's alright."
You both finished your burritos and Yoongi said, "Ready to go?"
You hummed in response and he threw your rubbish in the bin, but before he walked away, you grabbed his arm and pulled him back to stand by the fountain.
"What's going on?" He asked, confused.
You chuckled and smiled before you put your hands on his face and pulled him towards you, bringing your lips together softly.
Your lips moved slowly and tentatively around his and it took a moment for him to respond.
You paused and pulled away smirking as he asked, "But...what about the whole working together thing and it all not working?"
You smiled and said, "Bang Si-Hyuk offered me a job as Chief Producer for the new junior group.." you trailed off.
His eyes widened, "Congratulations!"
You laughed, "but you know what this means right?"
He smiled and put his hands on your waist, "What do you think?" He asked before pulling your body to him and kissing you passionately and possessively, taking your brain from your body.
You pushed him slightly to catch a breath in between, and you paused just centimetres from his face as his shoulders visibly relaxed as he muttered, "Finally."
You walked back to the office, hand-in-hand. You knew there would be challenges ahead and it wouldn't all be easy, but all you knew was you were with him, Min Yoongi...your best friend.