The black-haired man took a small step towards your sitting figure, his eyes never leaving you.

"Y/n..." He dragged out softly. "I think we should talk."

You sighed, annoyance taking over you as you slammed the book in your hands closed.

"I have nothing to say to you, Yoongi." You spat out.

In retrospect, you probably could've handled the situation better, but whenever you looked at him, his cruel words rang through your head repeatedly. He had crossed a line.

Jin telling you about his brother's feelings didn't change anything.

You were not going to simply forget about what he had said, no matter how much he cared about you.

Yoongi frowned deeply as you stood up, walking towards the exit of the room.

His eyes widened slightly before his hand was shooting out to grip your upper arm, stopping you in your tracks.

You froze as his skin met yours, cold eyes moving to his hand that currently held you in place.

"Let go of me." You growled.

Yoongi swallowed, his head shaking slowly.

"N-No." He muttered. "We need to talk. I know that Jin told you that I-"

"Stop." You interrupted, pulling your arm away from him. "That doesn't change anything, Yoongi."

He sighed, running a hand through his raven locks as he moved his gaze to the floor.

"I know." He stated. "I screwed up. I messed up your entire life and I don't deserve to be forgiven for that...I could never ask you to forgive me for the things I've done to you....But I am asking you to talk to me. We need this-"

You laughed coldly, cutting him.

"No. You need this." You corrected. "You want to feel better. You want me to tell you that just because you like me I'm suddenly okay with everything you did. Well, I'm not...And if I'm being honest, I don't think I can ever be okay with it."

He bit his lip, eyes squeezing shut as he struggled to contain himself.

"I know that you hate me." He started softly. "And I don't blame you...But I can't just go around acting like I don't have feelings for you, Y/n...I can't just suddenly stop seeing you. You are an important part of my life and you shutting me out like this...It's killing me."

Your jaw clenched in unkempt anger at his words, nostrils flaring as you pointed an accusing finger at him.

"I don't care." You snapped. "I know I probably sound like a terrible person. I know that I should probably be a better, bigger person. But the tragic truth is that I don't care. I don't care that you're hurting because of me. I don't care that I'm "important" to you..."

Yoongi's eyes widened, a lump forming in his throat at your words.

"Y/n..."

Your name rolled off his tongue in a soft, pleading voice, numerous emotions filling his eyes as he stared at you.

"D-Don't say my name like that." You stuttered out, heart growing heavy. "You don't get to say it like that, Yoongi. You don't get to act like this-like you love me...after everything that you've done. I don't believe-I can't believe that you love me...After everything you put me through...You don't hurt people you love!"

The young sailor shot forward, his hands gripping yours tightly as he stared at you with sad eyes.

"You're right!" He exclaimed. "I shouldn't have let her hurt you. I should've stopped her. I should've defended you. I should've protected you instead of protecting myself! I should have stopped running away. I should have told you how I felt...But I didn't. I didn't and I will regret that for the rest of my life...I'm not expecting you to forgive me...I'm not even expecting you to return my feelings....but I need to have you in my life...even if it's just a glance at you from across the room. Even if it's just the lingering scent of vanilla that follows you...I can make it...I just need those small things...The things that mean you're near..."

Your eyes were wide at his confession, heart plummeting to your stomach.

The walls seemed to be slowly closing in on you as your eyes locked onto his.

This man had ruined your life in numerous ways. He had made you feel useless and powerless and weak...He didn't care that you were hurting. He didn't care that his words scarred you. He only cared about himself. He only wanted to protect himself...

You weren't cruel.

You could clearly hear the desperation and longing in Yoongi's voice...And that made you pity him...Which was surprising.

You weren't a perfect person and you knew that forgiving him...would be the hardest thing you would ever do in your entire life...and you knew that you shouldn't even be considering it...but the way he looked at you made your heart sink..

You had never seen him so raw-so vulnerable and helpless..

You could see your younger self reflected in his eyes. All the fear of rejection and the anxiety that the tense silence brought...You saw it all and that made you frown.

"What do you want from me?" You whispered out.

Yoongi's head perked up at your quiet tone, his hands gently squeezing yours as he moved closer to you.

"Nothing." He answered honestly. "I just-I'm going to become a better person and I-I want to be able to rebuild our relationship...f-from the ground up."

You blinked in surprise.

Yoongi bit his lip before continuing, his gaze moving to your hands as he hesitantly intertwined his fingers with yours.

"Y-You deserve the universe." He breathed. "A-And, right now, all I have is a small cup of stars...but I promise...I won't stop until I'm able to give you the Milky Way."

Your heart softened against your will at his words, expression falling slightly.

"How do I know you're not lying?" You whispered.

A smile tugged on the lips of the young sailor's lips.

"You don't." He stated honestly. "Words mean nothing....so let me how you through my actions...I'll be better...for you."

"I plan on holding you to that." You deadpanned.

He smiled.

"Good." He said. "I'll need you to make an honest man out of me."

You nodded, pulling your hands away from his grip.

"This is your last chance." You mumbled.

He hummed.

"That's fair." He popped. "If I ever hurt you again,

I'll chop off my own hand and feed it to a crocodile."