See You Again

Wanda sits on the couch in her Edinburgh apartment, reading a book and waiting for a text from Vision telling her when his train arrived. It had been a month since they last saw each other in person. She took a sip of tea when her phone buzzed. 

Train just arrived. Will be at your apartment in 5 minutes. Vision's message said. Wanda smiled and continued to read her book while waiting for her boyfriend. 

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Wanda put her tea and book down before standing up and walking over to the front door. She looked through the peephole and saw her boyfriend, in his human disguise, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand. She opened the door, practically jumping into his arms. Vision carried Wanda and his luggage back into the apartment, closing the door behind him. 

"Well, hello to you too, love." Vision said putting Wanda down. He pecked her lips before handing her the flowers. "I got these for you." 

"Thank you Vizh. They're beautiful." Wanda took the flowers from his hand and smelled them. After she put them on the kitchen counter, Wanda pulled Vision in for a more passionate kiss. When they pulled apart, they set their foreheads against each other. "I missed you." 

"Me too. I'm here now. That's what matters." Vision put Wanda's fingers to his lips, kissing them individually. This had become a habit when Wanda was still new to the team and had not quite taken control of her abilities. Vision wanted to make sure that her powers did not define her completely. "Are you hungry? We could go out to that diner across the street you love so much." 

"I actually am. I guess I have been so excited to see you that I forgot to eat dinner. Let me get my coat." Wanda kissed her boyfriend's cheek and hurried to her bedroom and slipped on some black ankle boots and put on her winter coat. Grabbing her pocketbook and her apartment keys, Wanda linked her arms through Vision's outstretched one. 

Once the couple was sat in a booth and ordered their meals, Vision grabbed Wanda's hand that was laying on top of the table. "You look healthy, love. How have you been faring?" Vision asked, rubbing his fingertips along Wanda's knuckles. 

"Thank you. I got a job at the small market a few blocks down. The owner reminds me of my Aunt Helda back home. I told her about being an orphan in Sokovia but didn't tell her about my powers. She gave the job almost immediately as she is an immigrant from Russia. How have you been, Vizh?" Wanda smiles. 

"Good. Mr. Stark has been taking me on missions. They have been keeping me busy." Vision held Wanda's hand up to his lips and kissed her fingertips. 

"Missions? Are they dangerous?" Wanda asked, worried. 

"No, not at all. Just helping the city out a bit with catching criminals and helping out in places with a lot of people in poverty. Nothing that could kill me, my love." Vision squeezed Wanda's hand for comfort. 

"That's good. How is the rest of the team doing?" 

"Everyone's fine. Nat and Clint have been worried as they haven't heard from you in a while but the team is good." Vision said. 

Once they ate their food and paid, the couple walked back to the apartment hand in hand. Wanda leaned against Vision's warm body, trying to stay out of the cold. Wanda unlocked the door to the apartment, immediately boiling water for some tea. 

As the water was warming up, Wanda slipped on some pajamas and pulled her hair into a messy bun. Vision, who had changed back into his AI form, looked out the small window of the apartment. Wanda walked over to him with her cup of warm tea and leaned against his body. Vision wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close and kissing her forehead. 

"I have missed you so much," Wanda whispered. 

"Me too, love. Me too." Vision kissed her head and rubbed circles on her back.