Anxiety

Something that no one seemed to know about the Scarlet Witch was that her anxiety had crippled her ability to be the superhero she was meant to be. Wanda had developed terrible anxiety after her brother's death. She feared that everything she did was going to kill herself or her team members. At first, Nat and Steve had allowed her to not be apart of any long-term missions as she mourned her brother. 

However, now that a year had passed, Wanda wanted to be a better member of the Avengers, but the overbearing fear of losing those she loved made it hard for her to leave her room many days. Sometimes, Nat would sometimes be able to get her out of her room, but that was as far as the young with would go. 

Wanda sat on the rocking chair next to her bed, reading a book and drinking her black tea. This had become the norm for her as she stayed behind on the past few missions. The compound was empty as everyone was out saving the world. Wanda spent her day in that chair, not even getting up to eat when her stomach growled hungrily. 

A few hours later, Wanda heard the usual chatter of the superhero group as they entered the compound from a successful mission. Wanda lifted her head when she heard Vision dissipate through her bedroom wall where their rooms connected. 

"Vis, how many times do we have to go over this? Knock on the door." The young woman said, putting her book down. 

"Sorry, Miss Max...I mean Wanda. I only wanted to check on you as I haven't seen you all day. I'll let you be." Vision turned to leave through the door but was stopped by Wanda. 

"Wait, come talk to me. How did the mission go?" Wanda asked as the AI sat down on her bed to face her. 

"It went well. Successful as always." The AI could see that the young witch was struggling but didn't want to say anything as she was still trying to gain control of her powers. "How are you, Wanda?" 

"Fine." However, Vision knew that Wanda was not fine. 

"Wanda, tell me how you really feel. I want to help you feel better but I can't do that if don't tell me the truth." Vision grabbed Wanda's small hands. The witch looked up to face Vision. He could see that Wanda was trying not to cry. 

"Vis, every time that you guys go out on a mission, I feel jealous because I want to help you but I fear that I will kill someone, either an innocent bystander, one of you, or myself. I don't want that to happen. I can't let it happen." Wanda started to sob and Vision pulled her into a hug. They stayed like this until Wanda stopped crying. 

"Wanda, I can help you. We can work to control your powers so you will have less fear of them. I can ask Tony and see if you can help on some simple missions that don't require you to fight. Can you handle that?" Vision wanted to help the woman he didn't know that he was falling for. 

Wanda nodded her head while wiping away the fallen tears. "Thank you, Vis." She gave the AI a tight hug. 

"And Wanda, do you think it would help if you talked to a therapist, you know, about what happened?" Vision whispered, hoping that she would not react negatively. 

"I think it would." She whispered back, holding on tightly to Vision's warm body. 

For the next few months, Wanda had been talking to a therapist about Pietro and HYDRA. The team had been helping Wanda control her powers and Tony had allowed her to go on smaller missions with Vision, Nat or Steve. Wanda's anxiety might never go away but she was in more control of it. 

The End