Mother-Daughter Time

Rain pattered the windows of Wanda's apartment in Edinburgh. After the war with Thanos, Wanda had decided to take Lydia to Edinburgh to try and make life normal as much as possible. Unfortunately, rain made it harder for Lydia and Wanda to explore their new home. 

Wanda turned to her love of cooking as a form of therapy. She was using her hands, without magic, to make as many delicious dishes as she can. Wanda stood in the kitchen preparing a pot of chicken soup to warm them up during the winter rain. 

Lydia was sat on the couch watching Tangled, her favorite princess movie. Occasionally, Wanda could hear Lydia laugh at any of the funny parts, making her smile. Lydia had been a godsend to Wanda. She had a family and even if it wasn't the same one, she was happy to have one again. 

"Mama, I hungry," Lydia said from the couch. 

"Me too. Luckily, dinner is ready," Wanda responded as she ladled soup into two bowls and put them on the table along with the basket of fresh, warm bread she bought from the deli below them. Lydia paused her movie and scurried over to the table but Wanda caught her before she could. "Wash your hands, please." 

"Yes, mama." Lydia hurried into the bathroom to wash her hands as Wanda finished setting the table. A couple of minutes later, Lydia came back to the table and sat in her chair. The two of them enjoyed their bowls of soup and bread. 

The rest of the night, the two girls watched a couple of movies and ate popcorn, cuddling on the couch until Lydia fell asleep. Wanda turned off the TV and picked up the little girl and carried her to the bedroom. 

After putting pajamas on her, Wanda tucked Lydia into the bed that they shared. It was on Wanda's to-do list to convert the guest bedroom into Lydia's room but until then, Lydia slept in Wanda's bed. Wanda didn't mind sharing as it reminded her of when she and Pietro would sleep in the same bed when one of them had a nightmare. Wanda then changed into her own pajamas before slipping under the sheets, careful not to wake up Lydia. Soon, Wanda had fallen asleep with Lydia in her arms. 

The next morning, Wanda woke up to light shining into the room. Wanda looked over to her daughter, who was already awake but had somehow brought one of her picture books, reading it quietly. 

"Good morning, love. When did you wake up?" Wanda asked as she pulled Lydia into a cuddle. 

"A little bit ago. I didn't want to wake you so I'm reading," Lydia responded, laughing as her face was peppered with Wanda's kisses. 

"Are you hungry?" Wanda sat up in the bed and stretched before picking up Lydia, who nodded in response to her mother's question. "Okay, I'll make some porridge." 

As the two of them ate their breakfast on the kitchen bar, Wanda got a text from Clint asking how she was doing. Clint had become a father figure to Wanda ever since Pietro had died. Clint felt so guilty about Pietro's death that he made sure to keep Wanda as safe as possible, even giving her a home with him and Laura after the war with Ultron. 

Wanda smiled and responded to the text, telling him that she and Lydia were fine. 

"Mama, who you talking to?" Lydia asked as she took another bite of porridge. 

"Just uncle Clint. He wanted to know how we were doing." Wanda stood up and rinsed her bowl out, putting it in the dishwasher. "It's sunny out today. Do you want to go do something fun today?" 

"Yeah!" Lydia said as she handed her empty bowl to Wanda. "Can we go to the children's museum, please?" The little girl begged. 

"Sure. You've been really well-behaved lately so I don't see why not." Wanda walked behind Lydia, kissing her head and picking her up. "Let's go get dressed." 

Once the two girls were dressed, they walked to the museum. Lydia was excited as it was the first day that she had been in Edinburgh when it wasn't raining. She would run after birds, scaring them away and then running back to Wanda laughing loudly. The two of them spent the day at the children's museum. Wanda loved watching Lydia play with the other kids while she sat on one of the many benches. 

Lydia had always been a social butterfly ever since Wanda got her. Wanda, being an introvert, watched as her daughter played with some other kids, sitting in a corner on a bench. The two girls walked around the museum, reading the signs for each exhibit. Two hours later, the girls left and walked back to their apartment. 

"Mama, can we get ice cream?" Lydia asked as they walked towards an ice cream shop on their route home. 

"Sure," Wanda replied. Lydia smiled and pulled her mother into the shop. 

When they got home, Wanda and Lydia were too tired to do anything else. Wanda put a frozen pizza in the oven and made one of those pre-made salads in a bag. They watched a movie and ate dinner on the couch. Once Lydia had fallen asleep, Wanda picked her up gently and placed her in the bed. She kissed her daughter's forehead and cleaned up the kitchen before going to bed herself. 

The End.