Comfort

A/N: Set after Age of Ultron, Pietro is dead and Wanda is having a hard time. 

Wanda sits on her bed, sipping on her cup of chai tea. Ever since her twin brother, Pietro, died in Sokovia, Wanda was having a hard time moving on because the world she had known was officially gone. All that was left was her own memories. Pietro was no longer there to sing her to sleep or comfort her when she had a nightmare. 

The Avengers had put Pietro to rest in the same cemetery her parents were buried only a week ago but Wanda had taken his death the hardest out of everybody. 

"Miss Maximoff, dinner is ready. Would you like me to bring you a plate?" Wanda hears Vision's voice from her doorway. 

"No, I'll be at the table in a few," Wanda responds. "Oh, and Vision, call me Wanda." Vision nodded before turning around. 

Wanda made herself look more presentable and not like she had not been crying herself to sleep every night. She walks out of her room and joins the rest of the Avengers at the dining room table. She sits herself in between Natasha and Vision. Natasha grabs the young girl's hand and gave it a squeeze. 

"It will get better," Natasha whispers into Wanda's ear. Wanda smiles and mouths "Thank you" to the redhead. 

"Wanda, it's nice to see you," Tony says, sitting at the head of the table next to Pepper. 

As the group ate dinner, Wanda picked at her food, only eating a couple of bites of food. Vision noticed that the young girl was not eating the amount of food she should have but decided not to say anything. Wanda didn't talk to anyone, not even to Natasha who tried to make small conversation with her. 

After everyone was done eating, Wanda went back to her room. Little did she know that Vision had followed her. 

"Miss Maxi... I mean Wanda, may I talk to you?" Vision asks. 

"Vis, you scared me. Sure, I guess." Wanda makes room for the AI on her bed, next to where she was already sitting. 

"I noticed you didn't eat very much at dinner. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and if you needed to talk to anyone in confidentiality," Vision says, sitting down next to the small woman, who put her head down not looking at Vision in the eyes. 

"I'm fine," Wanda says, not lifting her head at all. 

"You don't act like you are fine." Vision takes Wanda's hand but she pulls it away the moment they touch. 

"Vis, I'm fine." Wanda was starting to get angry because she just wanted to be alone but Vision was not going to let that happen. 

"Wanda, please. Talk to me." Wanda only shakes her head at the AI's request. 

"It's too hard to talk about," Wanda says but, out of the blue, everything she had been holding in came out. "Pietro was the only thing I had left of my home, my memories. Now I have nothing. No real family. Vis, nobody should have to go through this. It is too painful." Wanda tells Vision, who pulls her into his body as she sobs. 

"Everything will be alright, Wanda." Vision rubs the young girl's back as she continues to sob. "And, Wanda..." Vision whispers causing Wanda to lift up her head. "You do have a family. Sure there is no genetic bond but the Avengers are your family. We love and care for you as we would if you were actual family." Wanda smiles and wipes her tears. 

"Thank you, Vis. These past two weeks have been hard for me with my twin brother being dead and all but I appreciate you being there for me. Taking care of me as I go through this rollercoaster of emotions." Wanda said, kissing his cheek. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay during this tough time. That's all." The AI stood up and straightened his sweater. "Well, I'll leave you be now." Vision turned to walk out the door but Wanda's small hand grabbed him before he could completely exit the room. 

"Vis, please stay." Wanda's frail voice says. "At least until I fall asleep." Vision nods and turns back around. Wanda climbs into her bed and pats the space beside her. Vision lays down next to her, wrapping his arm around Wanda's small body as she lays her head on the AI's chest. A few minutes later, the young woman is asleep but Vision does not want to wake her back up so decides to stay where he is at for the rest of the night. 

Wanda sleeps soundly the entire night. She doesn't even wake from one of her nightmares that had been haunting her sleep after her brother's death. When she wakes up, Wanda finds herself cuddled up to Vision. 

"Good morning, Wanda," Vision says. 

"Morning, Vis. Did I wake you with any nightmares last night?" The young woman asks/ 

"Surprisingly, no. You slept through the entire night. No nightmares." Wanda sits up in the bed, with a look of surprise on her face. 

"Really. Maybe you should stay the night more often." Wanda chuckles. 

"Maybe, I should. You haven't slept that good in weeks. I will stay the night whenever you need or want me to." The AI gets up from the bed. "Well, I'll let you get ready for the day. Do you want me to make you anything for breakfast?" Vision had learned to make simple dishes, but he still couldn't make paprikash the right way. 

"Some oatmeal would be great," Wanda says also standing up and walking over to the bathroom. The AI nodded and walked out of the room to the kitchen. Wanda changed into some yoga pants and a sweatshirt, putting her hair in a ponytail. 

Wanda walks to the kitchen and sees Natasha, Steve, and Vision talking. 

"Good morning, Wanda," Steve says drinking his coffee. 

"Morning." She says making herself a cup of tea. 

"No nightmares? I didn't hear any noises from your room last night." Natasha walks over to the young woman. 

"No nightmares. I guess I realized that I have a new family here and dwelling on the past doesn't do me any good." Wanda takes a sip of tea before Nat pulls her into a hug. 

"That's good. You need anything, you let me know. I will help you because I have been through the exact same thing, trust me." Nat gives a motherly kiss on Wanda's forehead. 

Wanda felt the love from the entire team as she was able to go back to training. Vision and Nat were her biggest supporters when she had a panic attack or when she needed help. Nat had become a mother figure to the young woman. Vision had become someone for her to love and go to for support. 

The End.