After the War (Spoilers for Endgame!)

A/N: I got this idea last night so I thought I would write about it! Also, don't read this if you haven't seen Endgame yet! Major spoilers!

Wanda POV

* After the battle in Wakanda*

I sat next to Vision's body, shocked at what just happened. Suddenly, my body starts to feel weird. My vision goes dark and I am taken into the Snap. 

I wake up to a bright room with others from the battle as some civilians. I hear some people start crying and start to ask around what happened. I turn to see if I can find anybody that I knew and I find T'Challa, Shuri, and Bucky huddled together. 

"Wanda, are you okay?" T'Challa asks me as he walks toward me. 

"I think I'm okay. Just shocked." I say. Suddenly, I hear a young child crying, calling for her parents to wake up. I turn to see who it was and I see a little girl, around the age of 3, crying over the bodies of her parents who were lifeless. I walk over to the young girl to try and comfort her.

"Mama! Papa! Wake up!" The little girl was shaking her parents trying to get them to come back to life but it didn't seem to work. 

"Hey, little one. I'm Wanda. What happened?" I ask holding the young girl tight as she had crawled into my lap when I crouched down to her level. 

"Mama, Papa and I were at home. I was playing outside but everyone else was in the house getting dinner ready. I heard something hit the house and I saw the house on fire. I ran inside and saw Mama and Papa on the ground covered in blood. Then we were here." The little girl said. 

I figured that the parents had to be alive to be in the Snap, so I checked their pulses but found nothing. They must have died after they arrived in the Snap. I remembered what my life was as a young orphan without much help so I decided that this little girl would not go through what I went through. 

"I never asked, what's your name, sweetie?" I asked her, kissing her head. 

"My name is Lydia Natalia Bronov. I was born in Sokovia but my family lives in Russia now after the disaster." The little girl's Sokovian accent rang strong as she recited her name. From the way she talked, it sounded like she had practiced what to say if anything tragic happened. 

"Well, Lydia. I'm also from Sokovia. I want to help you. Is that okay?" I say. Lydia nods and wraps her arms around my neck. 

"Are Mama and Papa dead?" She asks me quietly. 

"Lydia, your parents are dead, but I will take care of you from now on. Okay?" I say. Lydia's eyes start to water so I pull her in for a hug. "You know, I lost my parents when I was young too. It sucked because I didn't have anyone to take care of me and my twin brother. I won't let what happened to me happen to you." 

"Okay." Lydia hugs me again and I carry her to where the rest of the Avengers group was sitting. 

"Guys, this is Lydia. I'm taking care of her from now on." I say to the group. T'Challa's mother was sitting in between her son and daughter with her eyes closed. When I introduced Lydia, her eyes opened. 

"Come here, little one." She said with her hands stretched in front of her welcoming Lydia into her lap. "You are brave, my dear. We will make sure you are taken care of." She kissed Lydia's forehead and turned to me. "Wanda, dear, you are very strong to take on the responsibility to take care of a child. I know you will do very well." 

"Thank you." Lydia moved back into my lap and we sat there for a while. Out of nowhere, we were transferred back to where the Snap had taken us. I sat in the field where I lost Vision, along with Bucky, T'Challa, Shuri and their mother. Lydia had somehow made it to Wakanda with us. We ran back to the Wakandan palace where a woman with a short blonde bob haircut met us. 

"Hi, I'm Carol Danvers. I was sent by S.H.I.E.L.D. to collect you guys so you can help us beat Thanos." Luckily, we were still in the same clothes were fighting in while in Wakanda.

T'Challa's mother came up to me and took Lydia out of my arms. "I will take care of her while you fight." 

"If something happens to me..." I started to say, but the queen interrupted me. 

"I have a strong feeling you will come back in one piece." I smile at her response and give Lydia a kiss on the head. 

"I'll see you later, sweetie. The queen is going to take care of you while I'm gone." She nods and is led off to get some food and a bath. 

"Let's go," I say to the rest of the group. We were led to a portal that was open to the war. 

An hour later, the war was over and we had defeated Thanos once and for all. The Wakanda gang and I headed back to Wakanda through the portal we came. 

"Wanda! You're back!" Lydia said as she ran up to me and gave me a big hug. "Did you win?" 

"Yes, we did. Now let's go get some food." I say taking her small hand and walked into the dining room where a large dinner was set out. After we ate, I took a shower while Lydia watched a movie before bed. 

The next morning, Bucky, Sam, Lydia and I took one of the Wakandan planes back to New York to go to Tony's funeral. Morgan and Lydia had become friends and were playing while Clint and I had started talking by the lake. 

"Who's the kid you brought back with you?" Clint asks, handing me a glass of wine. 

"Her name is Lydia and I found her next to her dead parents crying hysterically. It reminded me of my childhood so I decided to help her so she didn't have to go through what I did with Pietro."

"You're one of the good ones. I can tell." Clint said. I chuckled as he pulled me into a hug. "You and the robot would have made great parents. I don't think I ever said it but I liked him." 

"Thank you, Clint. I signed the papers to adopt her last week. She's officially mine." I look at Lydia who was playing with Morgan in the living room. 

"Congrats kid. You deserve some happiness." 

A few months later, Lydia and I move into the new Avengers compound after living in a small apartment in New York. As we are exploring the new compound, I notice that the cemetery was not ruined by the damage as well as there was a couple of new tombstones. I walk over and find Pietro's stone, running my hand over his engraved name. 

"We won, Pietro. We did it." I whisper.

"Mama, who you talking to?" Lydia says from behind me. 

"Come here." I pull Lydia into my lap so she is facing the tombstone. "Remember when I told you about my brother, Pietro." She nods quietly. "Well, he died a while ago and this is where he is now. He died heroically. He saved a little boy from getting hurt as well as your uncle Clint." 

"Was he a good guy?" She asks.

"Very good. He always did his best to protect me from any kind of danger. I know he would have loved you. Now let's go inside and get some lunch." I kissed her head and we walked hand in hand back to the compound.  

That night, I was thinking about Vision and his death. "Oh, Vizh. I miss you so much. You would have loved Lydia." 

"Night, Mama," Lydia says from the bed next to me. 

"Night, love." I kiss her head and pull her into me. 

The End.