sixteen

I pace silently, awkwardly shuffling around my room in impatience. I was a bit nervous to confront Catalina because I know that once I say these three words, everything will change between us.

  Will she still want to be with me?

  That thought had been crossing my mind for hours since I had gotten back from my and Catalina's special spot.

  And how am I supposed to tell her this? Do I just blurt it out?

I hear a door open and I open my own door, catching a glimpse of Catalina as she shuts it. I leave my room and I knock a few times on her door, hoping that she'll open.

"Hello, what— oh, it's you."

  "Yeah," I say, shifting uncomfortably as she stares at me from top to bottom.

"So, what is it?"

  "I just wanted to say—"

  She interrupts me and says, "look, if you're going to tell me that you don't want to be with me well, ok, it's your choice but just know that you're going to be missing out on a lot."

  "I know I would be missing out on a lot which is why I wanted to say that I choose you."

  She stays silent, surprised by my unexpected choice, but she quickly smiles and tells me, "I knew you would come around."

  "I did," I remark, returning her infectious smile.

  "You're sure though?" She asks, a bit skeptical suddenly.

Her worries are justified. I had ditched her before, but I don't ever plan on doing that again.

  "I know that it took me a long time to choose you but I'm sure now. I want to be with you and right now, there's nothing more that I want than that."

   She blushes and playfully comments, "took you long enough to realize that."

  I laugh a little and tell her, "what matters is that I realized it and you know what that means."

  "What does what mean?" She asks.

  "I can kiss you whenever I want," I respond.

  "You have to ask first," she bashfully says.

  "May I kiss you?"

  "You have no idea how long I've been wanting this to happen. Yes, you may kiss me!" She exclaims.

  So, I close the door behind me and go into her room, finally leaning in to her lips. The air is filled with romance and my lips are filled with yearning for her. Our lips finally meet and the moment is magical, to say the least, as her lips synchronize her movements with mine and every single worry of mine is replaced with a feeling of excitement and joy.

I had been denying myself of that happiness for so long, that it somehow felt as if I was coming out of a year long drought in a hopeless town.

I twirl a strand of her hair with my finger and push it back so it doesn't get in her face, but it ends up going on her face anyways which prompts a giggle from her. I smile contentedly and let out a small laugh, before she lays her hand on my backside and pulls me in even closer. I smile through the kiss and place my hand on her waist, as we continue kissing and feelings of fireworks ignite in me.

The spark in our kiss is indescribable and I stay out of my mind, choosing to live in the moment as I savor the taste of her lips. Her hand slowly inches down my back and I continue kissing her, only pausing for small breaths here and there. The kiss is never ending and each second of it, gives me feelings that I've never had before.

The love for this feeling of is one that I never want to end but it does after a while, when she slowly pulls away to say, "I want to take you on a date."

"Not fair!" I playfully remark.

"What?" She innocently questions, batting her eyelashes at me and giving me her prize winning smile.

"I was going to tell you that first."

"Looks like I beat you to it," she says, winking at me and sticking out her tongue.

"I will be looking forward to that date. I'm available, literally any time," I say.

"I'll keep that in mind."

  "So, when is the time and date?" I curiously ask.

"Alana!" She exclaims, laughing a little.

  "What?" I ask innocently even though I know what she's going to point out.

  "I need time to plan it! I barely asked you out right now."

  "I know, I know. I'm joking," I tell her and I grin, which brings out a smile and erases her small playful frown.

  "I'm glad that you chose me," she says.

"I'm sorry that it took me so long."

"What matters is that we're together now," she tells me, and she holds my hand, lightly rubbing it as she did the first time we met.

The feeling she gives me is the same, only stronger as so much has changed since the day we first met.

I never would have been to have let go of my dad if it hadn't been for her. I wouldn't have done a lot of things if it hadn't been for her.

It's strange how one person can change the entire course of your life.

I'm happy that she's in my life and honestly, I don't know where I would be without her.

"Never let me go," I tell her.

"I won't," she says and she holds onto my hand a little tighter, pulling me in.

I've never felt more at comfort than when I'm with her.

I'm really sorry about the late update! Any ideas where Catalina will take Alana to for a date?