three

My alarm wakes me up at 7:30 am on the dot, and I and I immediately rush out of bed. Strangely, I've always been a morning person, as it makes me feel like I'm more prepared for my day.

I know I'll be moving around a lot, so I opt to change into comfortable clothes. By 8:30 am, I can finally say that I'm ready. I head over to Catalina's room, and lightly knock on the door a few times.

After three knocks, she finally opens up, in a soft lacy red bra. She's gorgeous, but I'll always be too afraid to say that.

We both stare at each other for a few close seconds, and I somehow feel as if we're closer than ever. Is it bad that I feel this way?

I decide to speak up, and I awkwardly tell her, "umm, that's a nice bra."

I'm completely dumbfounded. There's nothing more to it.

She seems to give me a slight smirk, but I decide that it's all in my head. She doesn't say anything else in response, and she quickly heads back to her closet to change.

It's almost as if she wanted me to find her that way.

"I'm ready. Are you?" I ask after she's done changing.

"Yeah, I am."

Our short encounter at her doorway is forgotten as we escape the hotel together. Yet, my heart is still skipping beats at the thought of it.

I try to push it away.

She attempts to open the door for me, and I resist the urge to do it myself. Instead, I tell her, "you don't have to open the door for me."

"I want to."

She carries on with her task, and then she heads over to her side. Sitting inside, I simply watch as she starts the car and drives us to the hospital.

On the way there, we exchange a few questions.

"How do you like the hospital?" I ask.

" I like it a lot which is why I'm back again! Everyone, the workers are patients, are always great to work with."

"This summer should be really fun," I say.

"It will be, you're here," she tells me.

It seems like there's another meaning to it, and I feel her eyes sweep over me. I try to tell myself that it isn't appropriate as I blush and stay silent for the rest of the journey there.

"We're here," she says after 10 minutes of driving.

I look out the window, and I'm greeted by the sight of the large hospital. My entire future is awaiting me inside.

"I'm really nervous," I finally admit to her.

"Don't worry. I'll be by your side. Do you want me to hold your hand again or do something more?"

"You don't need to do anything more, just stay by my side," I say, ignoring my thoughts that say something else that sounds like 'a kiss.'

We both get out of the vehicle at the same time, and we enter the hospital at a swift pace.

So much is going on everywhere, and I'm surprised by all of the organized chaos. There's plenty of space for everyone to walk around, and each person seems to be minding their own business.

I can already picture myself here (or any hospital), working as a professional doctor.

"Deborah!" Catalina suddenly yells, heading in for a hug with an unfamiliar woman.