EIGHTEEN: you're important to me and your dad i guess

Start from the beginning

My hearts hurts at the thought of Judith too. She was so young, only a baby. It's just so cruel for her to be taken that early. She deserved to grow up in the prison and be able to run around and play games with her friends. Claire was supposed to be able to babysit her and play games with her but now both of them are gone for good.

Rick turns to look at his son, "and you Carl, you're a man. I'm sorry"

Carl with a new sense of confidence says "You don't have to be."

Rick then turns to me, "Finn, I'm sorry I couldn't protect your father and your sister like I was supposed to."

My stomach drops at the mention of my family, my family that might as well be dead. I don't say anything to Rick, I only nod.

Rick noticing my sadness wraps his hand around Carl and puts it on my shoulder, "I know it may seem like your alone but you're our family now"

I look up at Rick with tears brimming in my eyes. I start to thank Rick when I see movement outside. I jump to my feet and the others follow.

"Hey Finn, what's wrong?" Carl asks loudly.

Sudden, three knocks on the front door answers his question. Immediately the three of us draw our guns at the sound. Rick starts to sneak towards the door while me and Carl stay back and keep guard. Rick puts his ear to the door but nothing happens. He then sneaks towards the window, looks out, and starts to laugh.

"Rick what the hell?" I ask. Why would he be laughing at someone knocking at our door?

"It's for you" Rick says looking at Carl.

———————

Michonne walks into the dining room where me and Carl were enjoying some delicious dry cereal and hands both us some water. When Carl notices Michonne he starts to laugh. I nudge him to let him know to stop but Michonne notices before he stops.

"Do you have something to say about my extremely comfortable and attractive shirt?" Michonne says as she rolls up her sleeves.
"No, no, no it uh looks great" Carl laughs.

I nudge the boy a second time, "Oh shut up Carl. I think it looks great Michonne"

"Thank you Finn." Michonne replies and glances at Carl.

Carl doesn't seem to notice Michonne's looks and just points at her shirt, "You uh missed one"

Michonne sits down and starts to pour herself some cereal. "I wish we had some soy milk" she says out of the blue.

"Seriously?" Carl aks with a disgusted look on her face.

"Yes seriously!" Michonne replies.

"Have you ever tried it Sheriff?" I ask.

He laughs and starts to tell a story, "Well uh my best friend in third grade was allergic to dairy so every day he brought this soy stuff to lunch. I tried it.."

"And?"

"I threw up!" the boy exclaimed.

"Yeah right!" I say.

"Okay, okay. I almost threw up but I was all like..." Carl made some gagging noises and pretended to throw up.

"Oh come on! It's definitely better than dry cereal!" I reply.

"It was so gross!" Carl continued, " I mean I would rather have powdered milk than to have to drink that stuff again! I would rather have Judith's formul-" The whole table froze at the mention of Judith, the sweet little baby that I never really got to hold. I thought I was going to get to see her grow up and maybe even have another shot at holding her.

"I'm going to finish my book" Carl mumbled and walked out of the room.

"Carl wait!" I yell after him.

I try to get up and follow him but Michonne stops me. "Let him have time" she whispers.

I put my dish in the kitchen and walk upstairs, completely ignoring what Michonne said. I want to be there to comfort him. I want to let him know that I'm here for him because I know he would do the same for me. When I reached his door I knocked softly.

"Go away" I hear him say through the door.

I ignore his comment and open the door. I see him sitting on the big bed, tears running down his face. "Carl..." I whisper.

He wipes his tears quickly and snarls, "I told you to go away"

I walk over to Carl and sit down next to him. "I know," I explain, "but I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Carl looks up and his blue eyes meet mine. Blue eyes that were filled with joy a couple of minutes ago are now filled with despair.

He whispers, "I'm not okay Finn."

The boy starts to cry even harder and collapses into me. I feel his arms wrap around my back and his head bury into my shoulder, his tears soaking through my white shirt. My skin buzzes at his touch. I blush but luckily he doesn't see me.

"She was so young Finn. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't it have been me?" he whispered into my shirt.

I push Carl back so I can look at him. "Look at me Carl" I say as I shake him slightly, "Don't ever say that again. You are a fighter, there is a reason you are alive.You're too important to me and uh your dad. Me, your dad, all of us"

"So was important to me" the boy whispers softly.

"She could still be alive Carl. Someone could've picked her up." I say and I take Carl back into my embrace.

"Why would anyone pick up a baby in a time like that?" he mumbled.

"Any good person would Carl." I say even though I don't know if anyone did pick up Judith. I didn't know if Judith was still alive and if she was, if Carl would ever see her again. I had given my friend a sense of false hope but it was too late to go back now.

XXX

OH MY GOD THEYRE SO CUTE!

They care so much for each other it's so adorable. Not to mention, it's also so cute that Rick cares so much for Finn as well.

Also, Finn has started to notice how she feels when she's with Carl. She isn't really good with the whole liking someone thing considering she never has had a crush. She thinks that liking someone will make her seem weak and weak people get killed.

Also I think this is my favorite chapter so far!

Q: Do you have a favorite chapter

or

What do you want to happen next?